GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rich's 2015 GTI SE 2dr

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Very small updates - fixed the squint rear license plate so it sits in line with the rear bumper, replaced the starter button with one that doesn't have the "N" letters rubbed out, and also went for some black GTI badge inlays!

I personally think it looks great, and different, but recognise that it's not for all.

Euro Spec Mk 7.5 tail lights on their way, as well as a CF Forge Cold Air Intake.
Turbo back exhaust/Stage 2 tuning to come at some point!

GTI Badge mod pictures below!

Before:
IMG_7829.jpeg

After:
IMG_7849.jpeg

IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7851.jpeg
IMG_7852.jpeg

Rich

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Exhaust is on!

Can't believe the design of the front clamp - not only do they put the two 13mm bolts on facing up for extreme lack of accessibility, but apparently every time work is done in that area that requires the dealer to remove said clamp, they just cut them! I bought a new one, had the dealer cut the old one and leave it loose, and installed the whole thing with a buddy over the course of a couple of hours last night.

IMG_8405.JPEG

IMG_8408.JPEG

Static start:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UfG4oH4fcNEz6dPFoTIRIopWSwCP_oxk/view?usp=sharing

A little jaunt up LSD, with a pull in 4th at the end. You can hear a bit of intake noise, the dump at the end, and the "burbles in sport mode" option on the EQT OTS Stage 1 map after I lift off:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10lsmwKB0oyKiBF23iJHfByGPNMZHUoRZ/view?usp=sharing

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Exhaust is on!

Can't believe the design of the front clamp - not only do they put the two 13mm bolts on facing up for extreme lack of accessibility, but apparently every time work is done in that area that requires the dealer to remove said clamp, they just cut them! I bought a new one, had the dealer cut the old one and leave it loose, and installed the whole thing with a buddy over the course of a couple of hours last night.

View attachment 191359
View attachment 191360

Static start:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UfG4oH4fcNEz6dPFoTIRIopWSwCP_oxk/view?usp=sharing

A little jaunt up LSD, with a pull in 4th at the end. You can hear a bit of intake noise, the dump at the end, and the "burbles in sport mode" option on the EQT OTS Stage 1 map after I lift off:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10lsmwKB0oyKiBF23iJHfByGPNMZHUoRZ/view?usp=sharing

Sounds very nice.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
ShopDAP's 7.5 rear light set finally arrived so wasted no time throwing them on. What a difference!
Job was very fiddly and I almost got stuck a couple of times but 3.5 hours later everything was working perfectly!

IMG_8534.JPEG
IMG_8536.JPEG

Before.gif
After.gif

IMG_8539.JPEG

IMG_8541.JPEG

Back end feels complete now!

Attachments

• IMG_8540.JPEG
    IMG_8540.JPEG
    807.7 KB · Views: 99

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
IT'S LOWERING (sort of) TIME.

Purchased:
H&R OE Sport Springs
Bilstein B8s
New bearings and 034 mounts (yes, I've read the reviews)

Going to do the install myself nearer the end of the month so slowly collecting tools and parts. Will be doing the 2x4 method and getting a full alignment afterwards.
Any advice/tidbits definitely welcome!

Updates to follow.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Install completed 2-3 weeks ago, was just waiting for the suspension to settle properly, and to *STILL* fix some installation issues from the SuperPro endlinks.
Love the difference, she feels very supple now over the rougher ground!

This is as low as I'm interested in going also, I think the stance is pretty much perfect.
It's also amazing how much difference the endlinks makes to these cars in terms of feel and noise!

IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_1070.jpeg

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Settling nicely on the B8/H&R OE Sport springs, and my endlinks have finally been adjusted properly once and for all. Ride is SO nice now!

Few things coming in the pipeline over the next six weeks or so:
- Do88 intercooler
- RS7 plugs
- ARM catted downpipe
- Vibrant resonator custom build to attach said downpipe to my Borla 3" exhaust (Thanks @GTI Jake !)
- EQT OTS Stage 2 tune.

Once that's all installed I'll be getting another dyno run in to check what performance gains have been made.

Also decided enough was enough with my 5.8" MIB1 non-CarPlay infotainment unit so spent entirely too much money on the 9.2" MIB2.5 retrofit.
Will be putting up a DIY/how to when that day comes, along with vinyl wrapping some other parts of the interior trim to match the piano black!

IMG_1378.jpeg

Here's the before, as I'm sure everyone is familiar with. Very annoying that the "matte" black has some small patterns that aren't available via vinyl trim, or on the newer models.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Bit of an experiment to change up the main badges without completely blacking them out (don't like that look personally.
Side by sides are below, I'm happy with the subtle change!:

IMG_1468.JPEG
IMG_1471.JPEG

IMG_1466.JPEG
IMG_1469.JPEG

IMG_1464.JPEG
IMG_1475.JPEG

IMG_1463.JPEG
IMG_1474.JPEG

Spent a bit of time giving her a good wash too, pictures because why not!

IMG_1477.JPEG

IMG_1478.JPEG

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
IMG_1378.jpeg
64507417626__38804E59-841C-43C3-A434-892833D2A8AF.jpeg

Before and after!
9.2" Discover Pro screen with a new brain unit to match.

Install was slightly painful (literally) and had a couple of coding issues to sort, but it makes such a huge difference to the interior! Phone mount can go now as well, and it'll look clean.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Stage 2: DONE 👍

Did do88 intercooler and ARM catted downpipe/vibrant resonator the weekend before last.
55B9EA6B-274A-4B1A-8B63-D2B86B8768F2.jpg

Few hiccups along the way - one of the intercooler pipe outlets was not completely round. Looked limited to the very end of the outlet so made sure the silicon hose was seated properly and decently clamped down:
IMG_1631.JPG

ARM catted downpipe before install:
IMG_1340.jpeg

Downpipe hanger bracket bolt snapped on removal, leading to it looking like this:
64667459395__DAF14B6E-61A9-4DFF-9374-FB7ED3E7A5BF.jpeg

Car was left sitting until I could get it sorted, took it to a shop this morning and got them to help. They welded a bolt head back on to it and were able to remove it. NICE.

Quick complementary beady-arse shot:
IMG_1694.jpeg

EQT OTS Stage 2 tune loaded, good to go! Yet to push her at all due to the snapped bolt issue delaying things, but will be testing her this week to see if that hose stays on the intercooler.

Next on deck:
- Dyno run (duh...330bhp please! Running 93 so might be achievable)
- Under body coating to help protect against midwestern winters for years to come (thoughts on this please??)
- Huge rear brake upgrade - went with R1 concepts (don't ask me how much), kit will sit under my bed until I get the front kit and RS3 master cylinder
- Neuspeed wheels - these ampliforms will be sold, they won't fit my planned front brakes under them

INB4 the "rear brakes don't do anything" posse. I'm aware. I'm a brake whore. I love the way big brakes look with cars, and I'll drop the money to get this car looking exactly how I want her to look! :)

Cheers,
Rich

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Intercooler has stayed on just fine which is good, but THE NOISE! Couldn't handle it. In my opinion, the catted downpipe, vibrant resonator, and Borla catback was far too loud for me.
Stock exhaust welded up to the vibrant resonator, and it's so much better now. Getting some APR 4" black tips delivered soon so will get them welded up. Don't like the stock look but currently appreciating the subtle sounds!

Couple of new bits:
- 034 dogbone insert
- Rennwagen rear diffuser
- Neuspeed RSe11R wheels (18x8.5 ET40something) in gloss black (not on yet)

Diffuser before:
IMG_0034.jpeg
IMG_0033.jpeg

New diffuser after:
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg

Dogbone insert:
IMG_0031.jpeg

Yes, 2015 subframe in Chicago winters looks a little worse for wear.
More pictures to come with the APR tips and Neuspeed wheels installed!

Rich