GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rich's 2015 GTI SE 2dr

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Photo dump - EQT badge on, APR exhaust tips on, wheels will change colour eventually but I'm enjoying the blacked out look currently.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0286.jpeg
    IMG_0286.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 99

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Went back to the same dyno that I've gone to since the car was stock to get some proper data about how much power I've added.
I'm not saying any of these dyno numbers are *accurate* (insert large conversation about dyno pissing contests), but it's good to see the improvement I've made over stock as measured by *this* Dynocom machine.

IMG_0282.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Man, when you look at it, from a sheer power perspective, stage 2 is poor value for money. It certainly paves the way to making larger turbo options more accessible, but bang for buck, it's not there.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Went back to the same dyno that I've gone to since the car was stock to get some proper data about how much power I've added.
I'm not saying any of these dyno numbers are *accurate* (insert large conversation about dyno pissing contests), but it's good to see the improvement I've made over stock as measured by *this* Dynocom machine.

View attachment 222255

Either eqt has a phenomenal stage 1...or just a meh stage 2. I would have expected a larger jump between stages.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Either eqt has a phenomenal stage 1...or just a meh stage 2. I would have expected a larger jump between stages.
The biggest jump is always Stage 1. You can only wring out so much more power with Stage 2 unless you change the turbo.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Looking historically, as the stock and stage one runs were done last year, it was 6 degrees Fahrenheit warmer for stage 2 (77f/71f) and 14% higher humidity (69%/55%).

EQT also looked at the log and said I was being robbed of 2-5 degrees in timing, assuming due to the atmospheric conditions/cooling conditions (the dyno location didn't have an amazing cooling setup). So I guess a combination of those things may have contributed to the slightly lower power output?

That being said.....do I want a bigger turbo now?
1628545703993.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Looking historically, as the stock and stage one runs were done last year, it was 6 degrees Fahrenheit warmer for stage 2 (77f/71f) and 14% higher humidity (69%/55%).

EQT also looked at the log and said I was being robbed of 2-5 degrees in timing, assuming due to the atmospheric conditions/cooling conditions (the dyno location didn't have an amazing cooling setup). So I guess a combination of those things may have contributed to the slightly lower power output?

That being said.....do I want a bigger turbo now?
View attachment 222264

I was thinking the same thing, this heat & humidity we're getting has to have an effect. Where did you get it dyno'd?

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
I was thinking the same thing, this heat & humidity we're getting has to have an effect. Where did you get it dyno'd?
I go to the guys at Underground Autosports in Hoffman Estates.

Sure they could probably invest in a more advanced cooling solution for the front of the cars, but great guys in there and always taken good care of the car/been very diligent with safety in mind.
I think for that, and the consistency of using the same machine, means I'll keep going back when significant power setup changes happen!

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
IMG_0632.jpeg
IMG_0635.jpeg
IMG_0632 (1).jpeg
IMG_0635 (1).jpeg

Before and after!

1) The anti-rattle clips did nothing but rub on the disc, so they got promptly removed
2) My jack handle broke. That was an annoying delay while I cycled to Autozone in order to rescue my poor car off the jackstands
3) RS3 master cylinder? Part number and everything matched up with the part currently on the car. Did not need to spend hours + about 2 litres of spilled brake fluid trying to change the thing. Annoyed about that.
4) Sure the Neuspeed 18s FIT over the calipers, but wheel weights in that section do not. Learned that the hard way pulling out of the garage. re-balancing required.

Rear kit arrives on Wednesday. Will bolt it up over the weekend and should have some better pictures for everyone of the whole thing. Looks MEATY, I love it.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Rear brakes installed. R1 concepts 345mm 4-piston kit.
They got the handbrake modules wrong - were hitting against the steering/suspension knuckle on both sides so I took them off the carrier adapters and waiting for them to fix them/send me them back.

Before vs after:
IMG_0659.jpeg
IMG_0660.jpeg

I would prefer not quite as much travel on the brake pedal, so may still look into another master cylinder option, or maybe a pressure valve or something, but when they stop, they stop. Love it!

Went for a photoshoot at sunrise by the lake, looking forward to getting the professional pics back but here's a couple I took myself.
CDDCF4F9-EEC3-447D-BCB0-ED0934EE0564.jpeg

IMG_1129.JPEG

IMG_1133.JPEG

Full send also happening next weekend:
- Precision Raceworks 925cc MPI kit + Fuel-It! Ethanol sensor
- EQT (RS3) LPFP kit
- do88 charge pipe kit
- Forge turbo inlet
- Vortex XL (which we know about)
- EQT custom E85 tune (early November)

Last edited:

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Those big brakes are sexy!

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Love the car and the updates to make it more modern. Where did you end up getting your euro tails + harnesses from? Id like to do that some day, or even just mk7.5 tails would look a lot better than the mk7 ones.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Love the car and the updates to make it more modern. Where did you end up getting your euro tails + harnesses from? Id like to do that some day, or even just mk7.5 tails would look a lot better than the mk7 ones.
I went with ShopDAP! Mostly because they have the video going through the install that I could follow.