GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Finally had some time to give the ole mk6 some much needed love to the front end.
The front bumper was basically not hanging onto the fenders anymore, had to get all new mounting brackets
Also got and paineted a euro lip, replaced the license plate hole plugs, tow hook cover which was missing, and replaced the hazy ass fog lights and tinted those. Looks so much better

20201010_105411.jpg

20201010_105402.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
finally figured out the correct wiring for my newsouth booth gauge, so it lights up at night! I could never see the damn thing at night, which is usually when i happen to take the car out. VERYNICE!

Suppose i will also chime in about the brembo ceramic pads and brembo dimpled rotors so far!
* Definitely much less dust. Most of it just hoses right off prior to washing the wheels. Then again, i ceramic coated my wheels upon installation and have only washed the car ~3 times since. Either way, holy shit much less dust.
* They feel great, predictable, plenty of bite when needed for a street car, of course nice and smooth, and no noise at all.
* No rusting so far, the rotors have the paint/antirust treatment on the outside of the rotors, like many manufacturers do now.
* Loving the oem quality. Now to see how many miles the pads last or how long the rotors last before starting to warp.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Decided to try out a 'suede' steering wheel wrap vs the leather one i had. Just to switch it up. I alwats seem to forget just how big a pain in the ass it is to start and end these in the corners.
20201105_125037.jpg
20201105_125259.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Decided to try out a 'suede' steering wheel wrap vs the leather one i had. Just to switch it up. I alwats seem to forget just how big a pain in the ass it is to start and end these in the corners.
View attachment 191199View attachment 191200

Yep, I had one on my 2018. You have to make sure you tie off somewhere that you aren't going to have your hands touching or thumbs resting. Also, if you're worried about knots coming loose, a dot of clear nail polish will keep the knots from coming undone. A dot of CA would work too, but messier and dries so fast that if you make a mistake, you have no time to try and get it off, so be careful. the polish dries really slow, so give it enough time before touching.

Did you use the adhesive tape they supply? I didn't, then regretted in a couple areas, especially the back of the 3 and 9 o'clock spokes.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Thanks for the tips gtifan99! This is maybe the 5th or 6th wrap ive stitched onto a car over the years lol. I think the real trick would be removing the wheel from the car as well as the trim, because thats the real pita - those stitches that really need to be tied off behind the trim!

I never used the adhesive tape and they do NOT move at all, probably because i stitch really tight.
Now back to the C-19 thread! Lol!

And to the keehs360, thanks! Look just a page back for even better pics! They are konig ampliform wheels.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
A lot of nice subtle upgrades. Love the bronze wheels and the euro tails. Hows the NVH of those bfi mounts?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wifey and i have posted the mk6 for sale. She always wanted a tiguan. We finally found the right deal for an SE and brought this home last night. No, i dont think shes gonna let me get it tuned or mod it really but she wants black wheels! Lol
2d5bc56d4feff7b72187651a286ce02a.jpg

Attachments

• 2552a0524bbf036eb14d571c3802b51c.jpg
    2552a0524bbf036eb14d571c3802b51c.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
well everyone, I sold my mk6 on Saturday at ~86000 miles to a couple from Michigan.

Will definitely miss this car a good bit - though i prefer manual, boy was it fun to just smack the right paddle from gears 1-4! The exhaust tone was to die for. Other than that, it was starting to feel like a pretty old and tired car, unfortunately, and my wife wanted a tiguan SE 4motion, so we got that (as seen above)

Something i never got to do was get both my cars side by side for a race- the people buying the car decided to do it! So we lined up for a 20 roll (probably should have done a 40 in hindsight) against my stg2 manual mk7, and though it was close, they got me on the shift and held it. The mk6 still absolutely SCOOTS. I bet from a 40 roll it would have been much closer, but the 6 still felt like it had more top-end for the most part.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that kept up my mk6 thread over the years, and especially for all of the valuable help! Hope the new owners enjoy this car for a good while, but doubt we will see them on here.

1607368132341.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Miss that car already haha.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
yep! so far, definitely works a charm!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Welp.

Selling my 2016 GTI.
I LOVE the GTI, but unfortunately i really wanted it to be 4=450 whp, but the more i thought about it, i don't want a 450hp FWD car as much anymore. I've also had 'a white GTI' for ~5 years now, even if it was 3 different white GTI's lol!
So, i got a 2016 AUDI Prestige, fully loaded.

Single owner who custom ordered it. The paint is flawlessly polished, as he took it to adams polishes (ever hear of them, anyone ;) ?) and the front end is clearbra'd. It has some cool stuff like nav, leg extenders on the seats, adaptive cruise control and oh a 3RD PEDAL.
I'll think of it like a golf r but with 2 more cylinders, RWD bias, not a hatchback, and supercharged.
Love that it has the black trim (i hate chrome) and the red wingbacks make me happy. So far, super-duper pleased. Especially fun to have a supercharger back in my life.
Intake already ordered lol.

1611625138431.png

1611625158512.png

1611625192363.png

1611625209659.png

Last edited: