GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
you know what, i do remember reading that in your thread once! Shame on me for not heeding that before i bought these.

Oh, another thing, i attempted to fix my rear hatch 'leak' into the headliner, apparently to no avail. I used old headlight butyl rubber sealant to stuff the grommets where the wiring goes from the car to the hatch. Assuming i did that right (and maybe i didn't, but then again its not like the plastic to metal seals are really waterproof in the first place?) is there any good diagrams of where the sunroof drains really go? I can't seem to find any solid data on that.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
69437 miles

Replaced my shot 034 engine mount with this nice BFI stage 1 unit. See how much stiffer she is now...
20200814_091557.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Mount solved some problems. With the 034 mount i had really rough idle especially when the ac is on. Crisper shifts in general, less rocking. 10/10 recommend the bfi mount! Allmost no wheel hop now!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Got apr stage 2 flashed today, since in september i apr cant sell it anymore haha.

Went low torque; figured i would trade 20tq for 20 hp. I prefer how it feels.

Got the pops and bangs addon. Its nice! I like it

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Hit 70,000 miles yesterday. Beauty shot for that!

Ordered dimpled brembo rotors and brembo ceramic pads direct from brembo - less than $600 for what will hopefully be some great brakes! The oem ones are ORIGINAL TO THE CAR, as far as the previous owner knew. While im not sure about that, they atleast had 30k on them. Just hated the dust.

20200823_161518.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Thanks Jay!

Finally found a good opportunity to share with yall, our new puppy, a little pomeranian that looks like a fox haha. Shes a total sweetheart.

20200827_145251.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Bremo drilled rotors and brembo ceramic pads came in! Getting them from the only authorized brembo dealer they are doing 10% off now, FYI which comes out to like 550 - a steal! If these are anything as good as oem quality im gonna be really pleased with these for street use.

Throwing these on along with some BFI 10MM spacers tomorrow, hopefully.

20200829_125422.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Bremo drilled rotors and brembo ceramic pads came in! Getting them from the only authorized brembo dealer they are doing 10% off now, FYI which comes out to like 550 - a steal! If these are anything as good as oem quality im gonna be really pleased with these for street use.

Throwing these on along with some BFI 10MM spacers tomorrow, hopefully.

View attachment 184481

Who is the only authorized dealer?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah likely just some marketing claim but it is an 'official brembo site' lol.

Whatevs - regardless i just wrapped up the install which for once went without a hitch!
They feel great, no squeaks yet, again hopefully less dust in the long run! Being ceramic, they dont have a crazy initial bite, but do stomp down well when you need, which is fine for a street car. I think theres vcds tweaks to make them bite harder if i decide to.

10mm spacers added all around; the oem wheels are 48 offset and these are 43 - if i recall correctly, so i figured based on what others do with austins i would be safe rocking 10s all around. Alas, the front almost pokes a bit and rubs just a tad over the right bump. So i might swap those for 5's or 7's if it seems bad over time. Otherwise love the look!

Sortaflush?

20200830_131009.jpg

20200830_131118.jpg
20200830_130933.jpg
20200830_131021.jpg
20200830_131036.jpg

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah likely just some marketing claim but it is an 'official brembo site' lol.

Whatevs - regardless i just wrapped up the install which for once went without a hitch!
They feel great, no squeaks yet, again hopefully less dust in the long run! Being ceramic, they dont have a crazy initial bite, but do stomp down well when you need, which is fine for a street car. I think theres vcds tweaks to make them bite harder if i decide to.

10mm spacers added all around; the oem wheels are 48 offset and these are 43 - if i recall correctly, so i figured based on what others do with austins i would be safe rocking 10s all around. Alas, the front almost pokes a bit and rubs just a tad over the right bump. So i might swap those for 5's or 7's if it seems bad over time. Otherwise love the look!

Sortaflush?

View attachment 184534
View attachment 184535View attachment 184536View attachment 184537View attachment 184538

There's dramatically less dust than OEM pads.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh cool so you got the same ceramic pads? if so, great to know and i am beyond excited about that! lol