GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
regrettably, some kid from west chicago, didn't really speak english, didn't read my for sale post so didn't know any details about the car. he was surprised by the airbag lights and everything but somehow i talked him into buying it. kinda had to; not a single other soul had reached out about it and it had been for sale for like 3 weeks lol

Sad @jay745 noises :cry:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it gets worse, actually...

i forgot something on the car....

it was a deutschland raketen stikar

i'm sorry

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
it gets worse, actually...

i forgot something on the car....

it was a deutschland raketen stikar

i'm sorry
You bastard. That kids driving around thinking he's in a car club now.
post-350302-0-47203100-1382381650.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1641420731719.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
No big updates.

Shift knob trim is peeling. Debating getting a bfi dsg knob or another brand. My last experience with a bfi dsg knob was it was either loose or it wouldnt go from park to reverse and whatnot.

Wouldnt have had this problem if i got a manual car

Speaking of, the 1-2 shifts were starting to deel rough. Debated selling the car and getting 6 mk5 gti's, or half of an rs3, then decided to do a dsg adaption, both the one you can just do by holding the throttle down for 20 seconds then starting it, as well as the obd11 method, followed by the calibration drive. Feels great now! So i guess ill keep the car afterall.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No big updates.

Shift knob trim is peeling. Debating getting a bfi dsg knob or another brand. My last experience with a bfi dsg knob was it was either loose or it wouldnt go from park to reverse and whatnot.

Wouldnt have had this problem if i got a manual car

Speaking of, the 1-2 shifts were starting to deel rough. Debated selling the car and getting 6 mk5 gti's, or half of an rs3, then decided to do a dsg adaption, both the one you can just do by holding the throttle down for 20 seconds then starting it, as well as the obd11 method, followed by the calibration drive. Feels great now! So i guess ill keep the car afterall.

I'm a big fan of the Raceseng DSG adapter and knobs, the Stratose particularly, since it isn't very flashy. But their DSG adapter is solid and you can use a whole plethora of their knobs on it.

I never liked the BFI one I had on it, I changed it after about 2 months. Mechanically it was fine, I just didn't like the way it looked..

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
thanks for the recommendation! i only recently learned BFI isn't the only DSG knob option lol.

Raceseng stuff looks nice! comes at a hefty price tag... but i dig!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
RSB is in plans as always, along with some 4-motion stuff haha

For now, i remain an interiors guy, wound up with a leyo knob, and got climate control rings while i was at it. Will post pics once i get it all

The more i look at it, the steering wheel is also a little scuffed up, dont know if i wanna fork up the dough for a whole-ass wheel, but those wraps i've always done kinda suck lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
RSB is in plans as always, along with some 4-motion stuff haha

For now, i remain an interiors guy, wound up with a leyo knob, and got climate control rings while i was at it. Will post pics once i get it all

The more i look at it, the steering wheel is also a little scuffed up, dont know if i wanna fork up the dough for a whole-ass wheel, but those wraps i've always done kinda suck lol

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000966661598.html

Not "cheap", but at ~$400, but still half the price of all stateside alternatives. And I'm 100% convinced they all just come out of the same factory in China anyway, and places like TAW Customs just pocket the extra $300 - $400 for being the middle man.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000966661598.html

Not "cheap", but at ~$400, but still half the price of all stateside alternatives. And I'm 100% convinced they all just come out of the same factory in China anyway, and places like TAW Customs just pocket the extra $300 - $400 for being the middle man.
Yep, I know the chick who runs TAW personally. She's super shady and flat out lies about the origin of the wheels.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yep, I know the chick who runs TAW personally. She's super shady and flat out lies about the origin of the wheels.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM (1).png