GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I'm sorry but the 5th gen for both the Golf and Jetta is just fugly. I can't stand the taillights, headlights and especially the front bumper and grill.
Used to really hate the MK5 but the GTI grew on me a lot over the years - front end at least. i really am not a fan of the jettas side profile or rear end not gonna lie. Just a fun cheap car is all that looks like a GTI from the front lol

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Used to really hate the MK5 but the GTI grew on me a lot over the years - front end at least. i really am not a fan of the jettas side profile or rear end not gonna lie. Just a fun cheap car is all that looks like a GTI from the front lol
Can I drive it next time I see you? Always wanted to know what tuning it would do when I owned it but never pulled the trigger
🙄

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh fersure, bud.

it hardly feels faster but you do get much better throttle response, and the midrange torque bump is noticeable.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Little front lip action for that oe+ vibe

20210807_075116.jpg
20210807_075124.jpg
20210807_075155.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Still making some headway on this project

The engine and trans are about ready for removal on the totaled pig. FUCK do i hate that most common plug for all of the sensors! I cannot seem to figure out a good trick for releasing them. A good few wound up braking apart.

20210815_192959.jpg

Finished wrapping the GLI sttering wheel. Not sure if the wrinkles give it character or make it look shitty.

20210815_123735.jpg
20210815_124924.jpg

got rid of the faded fake alacantara boot.
20210815_123747.jpg
20210815_125254.jpg

Cant find a badge for the gti/gli grille for under 80 bucks so got a badgeless grille
20210812_161651.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Still making some headway on this project

The engine and trans are about ready for removal on the totaled pig. FUCK do i hate that most common plug for all of the sensors! I cannot seem to figure out a good trick for releasing them. A good few wound up braking apart.

View attachment 222826

Finished wrapping the GLI sttering wheel. Not sure if the wrinkles give it character or make it look shitty.

View attachment 222827View attachment 222828

got rid of the faded fake alacantara boot.
View attachment 222829View attachment 222830

Cant find a badge for the gti/gli grille for under 80 bucks so got a badgeless grille
View attachment 222831
wrinkles in the wrap mean you didn't use tape to secure the wrap in place where you wanted it and pulled the stitching too tight in order to compensate. Been there, done that.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
edit- posted in the wrong thread

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
The trick to the sensors is to push in while you release the clip then pull it out
all in all that sounds like something from a rap song

i push it in, (secks)
releasing clips, (homicide)
an' then i pull out, (avoiding parental commitment)

the key takeaway is to keep your glock ready, even when, or maybe ESPECIALLY when you are at your most vulnerable.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Finally done with the donor car.

In total i gutted the intire interior, took the engine and trans, hood, front end, fenders, mirror caps, and trunk. Few other odds and ends.

Got it towed out my garage today at long last. Wife is much happier.

Still need to reupholster the headliner and door skins but then i can finally get to swapping the black gli interior into the wolfsburg.

Gotta say, the wolfsburg is proving to be a very fun, tossable car. Feels like it has enough torque to get out of its own way. I like it. Lol

20210928_083205.jpg
20210928_083221.jpg
20210928_093507.jpg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
all in all that sounds like something from a rap song

i push it in, (secks)
releasing clips, (homicide)
an' then i pull out, (avoiding parental commitment)

the key takeaway is to keep your glock ready, even when, or maybe ESPECIALLY when you are at your most vulnerable.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA my guyyyy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Sideskirts finally. Before and after.

Really been putting off doing the rest of the interior swap. Lol

Needs moar low. Rides great but wow am i regretting not trying to snag the springs off the donor car.

20211016_122233.jpg

20211016_130620.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R