GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGB mood lighting (colors) 4 door panels and foot for golf 7

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
If I was in the area I would look into his "help", but yeah, he's not helping here, just advertising, and to a pretty small audience when you think about it.

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
I've reported him now, it's just a waste of space and our time.

I may have mentioned but even with the vendor not being able to give any instructions (how great is that?) I've ordered this and will attempt the install at some point and I'll let people know how it goes, unless someone beats me to it, which would be great, ha ha.

I do know nothing about these cars, only had the car a month, never had a Golf before or considered or thought much about VW's before but I do like improving my vehicles so we'll see how it goes.

I have not spent much time in it yet, done less than 900km so far so I'm not even familiar with the interior at night, but it looks like I have illumination (white light) in or near the door handles from memory? That might be helpful for the rear doors. The dashboard light will be the most interesting. It will be great to have these in, but it may take some time to tackle the job.

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Doing some research, would this be a viable way to power the door LED's in the rear of my car. I am guessing it has all high series components as it has ambient lights/folding mirrors, sill lighting in the front etc.

"El Wire inverter Positive --> Splice in to Pin 4 (White Wire) of 4 Pin Connector for Window Switch, this is the Terminal58D (interior switch illumination)

El Wire inverter Negative terminal --> Splice in to Pin 3 of 10 Pin Connector for Power window motor or Body Ground."

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
Hi guys,

I would like to ask i have MK7 my2015 with ambient light is it possible to have the dashboard trim(above glovebox) to have ambient led lights as they are on the doors ?

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
I think it is possible, that guy in France has done it with parts from Ali Express, it just remains to be seen how.

At some point I will attempt all this, but I am very blind in regards to auto electrics, especially in a vehicle like my Golf. ISO converters are my friend when it came to my last stereo change, ha ha.

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
I could do the electric it is basically connecting all the cables to BCM... easier said than done :D.
I only need to find that one trim with the led light.. everyone is selling the whole ambient bundle. If anyone know where to get only the glovebox trim please let me know

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
You guys should avoid things like this from AliExpress. Every "genuine" light I received from AliExpress vendors was really low and the LEDs were obviously fake and not genuine.

@Genebaby What exactly did you purchase? Can you take detailed pictures? What did your car have from factory?

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
There are 2 types of product in my opinion.

1.The seller is resseling parts from chinese market cars.Trims, Moduls, etc.

2. Seller is selling like you said “Gennuine Fake”goods.
In my experience 3 of 4 time the Gennuine Seller-store in my country was selling me just Repackaged chinese parts form aliexpress. This happed even when i was retrofitting Emblem RVC to a friend. He said “this store is selling gennuine OEM higlinecamera” it costed like 300€.
When it arrived it was a chinese knockoff with price raised by 100%.
So that is my opinion About the aliexpress and genuine sellers.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I never had good experience with AliExpress "OEM" stuff, I only use it to purchase wiring harnesses. Also it has bad reviews on the light quality.

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
It is different than the OEM in the reviews as you say. But i think there is not a OEM option to this mod.
Only to go to a salvage yard and find some VW with the lights and you will need to modify it so it fits.

And yes the Chinese lights have a blueish hue to them.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
The problem with the ambient light retrofit is that there's almost no information regarding this.

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
I think if you use all the modules and connectors that the chinese seller provides and you will put your own Genuine LED lights it will look and work just like OEM.

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
You guys should avoid things like this from AliExpress. Every "genuine" light I received from AliExpress vendors was really low and the LEDs were obviously fake and not genuine.

@Genebaby What exactly did you purchase? Can you take detailed pictures? What did your car have from factory?

I purchased the items in the link I provided. Prior to this I saw a store selling the full trims with the lights installed, but I have a 2020 7.5 GTI, as per my avatar, and I didn't really want to lose my factory trim look, and I didn't need a set of 5.

So when this version of just the three parts showed up I was very interested, and even though they could not provide instructions I decided to purchase to give it a go, as my lighting mods will really finish off the car. This one and the rear door sills.