GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGB mood lighting (colors) 4 door panels and foot for golf 7

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
Hello friends I present to you on golf 7 2014 that I have transformed on facelift, the RGB color mood lighting in the 4 door panels as well as on the dashboard, have fun, did not hesitate to subscribe to my page facebook (VAG MQB RETROFIT SUD PACA)

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Did this require changing the gateway module? Couldn’t find multi-color settings on my 2015 with mib2 retrofit

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You might need a highline BCM, or at least that's what a similar kit for the Passat requires. Here's a kit for sale on Ali, but no real details on install.

US $399.99 | LED ambient light door trim light atmosphere light for VW Golf 7 MK7 Golf 7.5 Golf Rline Golf G T I 32 color 12 lights
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWyXZ67

moffe79

would be great with some more details, did you order those from Ali? Perhaps other installation information would be great. I have also been waiting for this :)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
According to the the Facebook page linked from the video this was just posted to "prove it is possible" but is not being offered to customers. So... I guess the post here is just to show off :unsure:. Maybe Florian would be willing to help some people that wanted to do it on their own with information. I did notice the finish of the trim in the listing... not sure what it is, or if the rest of the dash trim can be ordered in that finish. Then again, it would probably look fine as it's just the "beltline" trim, door panels and across the dashboard.
Capture.JPG

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
Hello friends, I'm ready to help you, if you wish, first of all I would like you to subscribe to the Facebook page, it brings support and it's cooler for me, first of all why on my FB page I say that I do not offer it to my customers because the total installation took me well 1 and a half weeks me, I did not receive the chopsticks, I kept my original chopsticks, here what I received in photo, so take my word for it the installation was more complicated for me than receiving everything already glued, but the final is the same, on the other hand I find the lighting weak compared to the photos present on aliexpress, the concern is that even when I take pictures of my car the phone improves the rendering when in reality it is quite low. Now I will see your renderings if you start, and I will help you without problem, know that the change of BCM is mandatory, do not hesitate to come in private or on my facebook page for all questions I answer faster on FB

Attachments

• Hf33be57fbb184e63915398615eb4ff8cz.png
    Hf33be57fbb184e63915398615eb4ff8cz.png
    905.7 KB · Views: 1,733

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
I am trying to do this for my mk7 golf s. I have already upgraded the BCM and Gateway. The parts Install seems a little tedious with running wires from door modules to bcm, from bcm to diffrent portions of the car. But the real issue is the coding I have found different videos showing what needs to be coded for the gen 2 ambient lighting and none of them have been complete instructions. I will be posting videos of my install but it will be a little while since it is just a project in between work.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I am trying to do this for my mk7 golf s. I have already upgraded the BCM and Gateway. The parts Install seems a little tedious with running wires from door modules to bcm, from bcm to diffrent portions of the car. But the real issue is the coding I have found different videos showing what needs to be coded for the gen 2 ambient lighting and none of them have been complete instructions. I will be posting videos of my install but it will be a little while since it is just a project in between work.

This post is what I used to code it on my GTI: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/top...ound-lighting/?do=findComment&comment=5254366. Check out the section under "It's obviously necessary to have done the rest of the color coding". I also did the instructions for color changing by drive mode and that one works as well. These instructions don't have all the coding though unfortunately, like setting all the "LIN" adaptations and the LeuchteAMBL adaptations.

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Wow, this is just what I have been looking for. Got my GTI just a few weeks ago and noticed they only half did the ambient lighting. I was considering the full kit from Ali but was hesitent as I only really need the rear and the dashboard. Then the full kit was gone and I saw the new kit for just the parts I need, but it might be a little more fiddly, though essentially all I need to change are the three little trims.

Unfortunately the vendor on Ali can provide no instructions and I would have no idea what to do with anything, nor how to replace the trim pieces.

Florian, can you provide installation help/instructions?

What sort of car did you do this on? Did it already have front door lighting, or did you buy two kits and made it work?

I have already done the 30 colours ambient lighting mod in my car, but don't really use it as I am just after red really as it's a GTI, so I am looking to match my factory ambient lighting, which only does red. I suppose if I was doing it to my car it would be an idea to change them all to RGB, save the lights in the door sill area.

Either way I am guessing my car would be compatible, and possibly ready for this mod if I can ever get my head around it. I've pulled apart my cars before to do things, but not on this car yet.

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
@Genebaby Hello and thank you for the interest shown, I did it alone, no ali express seller wanted to help me, I took almost 1 week, I can not provide instructions I hope you will will understand, I was not helped, I have a Facebook page VAG MQB RETROFIT SUD PACA, I present everything there, but I could not help you for this site

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
So Florian, I have liked your page and sent you a message via Facebook but you're not saying anything. Trust me, if I was able to drive my car to you I would gladly do so, but I am stuck trying to do this over in Australia.

I've ordered the parts as I really would like these lights in my interior.

I'm not sure what the point of coming on here is as there won't be that many people local to you, so it's just a bit of a tease.

Surely you can provide some help, I have no idea what I'm looking at for this mod.

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Surely you can give advice to people about how the trim is removed and reinstalled and where you powered the rear doors and dashboard?

Anything. Something about the process!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Surely you can give advice to people about how the trim is removed and reinstalled and where you powered the rear doors and dashboard?

Anything. Something about the process!
I'm sure he'll help you if you pay him and drive to France, but otherwise he's just on here advertising against the forum rules!