GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGB mood lighting (colors) 4 door panels and foot for golf 7

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I've purchased one of their kits to see whether the statement of "no need to change BCM" is accurate.

My understanding is they've invented some sort of CANBUS Man In The Middle device which can emulate the ambient part of a BCM, and act as a LIN Bus output.

Mine is currently on a plane over to the UK. I'd recommend waiting to see whether it works before making the purchase yourself! :)

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
in any case I have to change my BCM too because the current one doesn't support colors on discover pro ... so in any case I should be fine.

If you also bought this kit we will help each other for the assembly !!!!:);)

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
in any case I have to change my BCM too because the current one doesn't support colors on discover pro ... so in any case I should be fine.

If you also bought this kit we will help each other for the assembly !!!!:);)
I don't think you do need to change it with one of their kits, which is the only reason I've bought it! I don't know how accurate their marketing is, because the translation to English is rather bad.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I don't think you do need to change it with one of their kits, which is the only reason I've bought it! I don't know how accurate their marketing is, because the translation to English is rather bad.

Wow, you really have balls to be wasting 500$ and gambling on that product. Kudos! Waiting for your input on that product.

If it it does work and acts as a "Man in the Middle" for the CANBus then it's awesome and definitely worth the money!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Wow, you really have balls to be wasting 500$ and gambling on that product. Kudos! Waiting for your input on that product.

If it it does work and acts as a "Man in the Middle" for the CANBus then it's awesome and definitely worth the money!
Here in the UK we've got some pretty serious buyer protection when paying on a credit card. If anything is not as described or defective, the card provider is held jointly liable with the seller. If it turns out to be total dogshit I can obtain a full refund without issue.

I'm hopeful it works as described.. it makes sense..ish..

We shall find out in February if the shipping estimate is to be believed!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all following my contributions to this thread. Quick summary of where we're up to at the moment...

I mentioned previously I'd ordered a kit from Vagbase on AliExpress that I suspected contained a module that acted as a MITM for the CANBUS to display the ambient lighting menu on a vehicle with a non supported BCM. I was wrong.

The kit is multifunctional in that in supports both Mk7s without the right BCM, and Mk7.5s with the correct BCM.

For a Mk7, you can either use the mirror control switch or the steering wheel to control the lighting.
For a Mk7.5, you can automatically flash the required modules to support ambient lighting natively via the MIB.

I'm currently working on a basic test of the kit before installation. If people are interested, I'll probably start a new thread on this matter.

Please let me know!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
"For a Mk7.5, you can automatically flash the required modules to support ambient lighting natively via the MIB."

how do you do this?
The instructions aren't great, but it seems you connect one of the modules that comes with the kit to the OBD port and it carries out some adaptations automatically.

This will only work for a supported BCM & Infotainment unit. If not supported you need to use the non OEM solution.