GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGB Ambient Lighting for Mk7 and Mk7.5

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
@IWMTom have you already started doing the work and the various connections?

for now I have only made the change of the bcm and I'm waiting for the material to arrive.
I've put the new chopstick diffuser into the dash trim, but that's about it. Only working on it at the weekends due to other commitments.

How long did it take for you to figure out the various adaptations on your new facelift BCM? :)

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
actually, I'm not done with the adaptations yet.

I activated the ambient lights menu and I have the 30 colors working, but I have problems with the fog lights and foot lights.

I have to work on it a little longer but the guy who helps me with this doesn't often have time.

when everything is ok I will put the photos here on the forum.
then I move on to the lights of the Chinese ... he told me that they can only work with modules and cannot be connected to the BCM, as you told me too.

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
for now I have only replaced the BCM but I still have to finish all the adaptations.

IMG_20210130_172142.jpg

IMG_20210130_172111.jpg

the light kit should arrive this week ... then on weekends I start working on it a little at a time.

@IWMTom you confirm that to control everything from the radio the connections are these:

BROWN CABLE TO PIN6 (CANBUS HIGH)
GREEN CABLE TO PIN 12 (CANBUS LOW)

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
for now I have only replaced the BCM but I still have to finish all the adaptations.

View attachment 202627
View attachment 202626

the light kit should arrive this week ... then on weekends I start working on it a little at a time.

@IWMTom you confirm that to control everything from the radio the connections are these:

BROWN CABLE TO PIN6 (CANBUS HIGH)
GREEN CABLE TO PIN 12 (CANBUS LOW)
Is that a facelift BCM?

Yes those connections seem correct.

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
The Kit In Detail

This is a high level overview of the different components of the kit. I've uploaded close ups of each component to this Google Photos album.

View attachment 200638

I've quickly whipped up what I believe to be the correct wiring diagram (at a super high level) for the OEM/non OEM (steering wheel) setup. This would be slightly different if you opted to use the mirror switch as your control instead.

The blue dotted lines between the LED controllers symbolises a wireless communication, because these modules can talk to each other without direct wiring!

View attachment 200645
how do i use obd flash cable?

what is it for?

I got the kit this afternoon ...

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
I've glued the light diffuser to my dash trim, but that's the only one I've done so far. No other further progress as I can only work on it at weekends but the weather has been awful recently.
How was that done, is it hard?

I've only just realised that your kit is different in that mine needs coding and has a lot less parts as I only wanted to add the three extra lights, along with the two in the front doors already.

Look forward to any info anyhow about all this.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
How was that done, is it hard?

I've only just realised that your kit is different in that mine needs coding and has a lot less parts as I only wanted to add the three extra lights, along with the two in the front doors already.

Look forward to any info anyhow about all this.
Used a Dremel to grind off all the plastic welds until the old silver trim could be removed, then ground down all the remaining plastic tabs so the new diffuser could sit flush.

The notches on the new diffuser didn't quite match the rest of the trim so I needed to cut more notches in so it would sit flush, then I simply hot glued it in place.

See attached photos.

Attachments

• B4169139-B9A7-4648-99E5-81C1F9E6FAC6.jpeg
    B4169139-B9A7-4648-99E5-81C1F9E6FAC6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
  • B1AFEBD7-6F6A-469F-A32E-24A3235FB4F4.jpeg
    B1AFEBD7-6F6A-469F-A32E-24A3235FB4F4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • FF0207C1-3D34-4455-A520-513FC6462A9E.jpeg
    FF0207C1-3D34-4455-A520-513FC6462A9E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 192

Fabianlanger

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 GTI
Hey guys.
I also ordered the lights.
I flashed my CF BCM to CP so i have 30 color ambient lights and not 10.
I managed to Code the dimming function for my foot and door lights.
But i have some trouble getting these two(blue) dimming fuctions coded.
Does somebody have some instructions for the coding?

Thanks

Attachments

• F482-A04-B-1188-41-F5-ACB0-97-AB82071834.jpg
    F482-A04-B-1188-41-F5-ACB0-97-AB82071834.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 247