GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

revo stage 2 question....

BlakmagikMKV

Passed Driver's Ed
ive done some searching and i did not find the answer i was really looking for.

i wanted to go to revo stage 2 ( im on stage 1 now ) but the thing is, ive been struggling with my money and i cant really afford the ATP downpipe and intake.

so my question is, can i still go stage 2? or will i get absolutely nothing from doing that?

and if i can go stage 2, would i feel the addition ( later on ) of the downpipe and intake?

replies would be appriecated, thanks!

-BlakmagikMKV

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
there would really be no point of going stage 2 if youre not changing anything. no benefits from what i know(i dont have revo), wait to get your dp to go stg 2.

graves0927

LegendKiller
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
get the DP before the intake because you only need the DP for stage 2, an intake isn't necessary for stage 2 but get it if you want a little more power which really isn't even noticable

BlakmagikMKV

Passed Driver's Ed
hmm...thats what i thought but i didnt know the downpipe was a neccesity, i thought it was something i could just add on later down the line.

thanks for the replies guys i appriecate it!

-BlakmagikMKV

Widebody MkVer

Performance Infused Style
the intake IS required for stg 2 and i believe its required for stg 1 as well, the reason that you need a DP with the STG2 is the cat is far too restrictive and with the stg2 settings you run a high chance at actually melting the stock cat, get the intake, get the DP and then get the tunung. take your time, no need to rush, enjoy the gains with each mod.

hypnotica003

Ready to race!
the intake IS required for stg 2 and i believe its required for stg 1 as well, the reason that you need a DP with the STG2 is the cat is far too restrictive and with the stg2 settings you run a high chance at actually melting the stock cat, get the intake, get the DP and then get the tunung. take your time, no need to rush, enjoy the gains with each mod.

before you misinform people make sure you know your shit.

OP: if you go directly to REVO's website, they will tell you the hardware requirements for stage 2, which is an aftermarket downpipe (DP). it goes on to list optional hardware, which is an intake.
you cant go stage 2 with out a DP, and you cant put the software first and then the DP later on. thats why its called stage 2, because it exceeds the limit of stage 1 programming. im pretty sure running stage 2 programming without the required parts will fuck up your system :bonk:. its just stupid.
as for not not being able to afford the parts, thats what credit cards are for :thumbup:
(you can actually get a catless DP, which will get you the most gains off of stage 2 programming, for a little over 300. saw it around the internet for 319 shipped.)

:party0038:

where in miami you at?

Widebody MkVer

Performance Infused Style
FIRST OFF THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOUR ATTITUDE, THIS IS NOT THE TEX! SECONDLY a cold air intake is not required, however a less restrictive intake is required, call em and ask a rep. The stock air intake system is too restrictive and does not feed the engine fast enough.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
a cold air intake is not required, however a less restrictive intake is required, call em and ask a rep. The stock air intake system is too restrictive and does not feed the engine fast enough.

Neither a cai, short ram, or drop in filter is required for stage 1. Stage 2 requires a high performance drop in filter like ITG at a minimum. You call and ask a rep.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Just FYI...

you CAN load the software prior to getting the hardware requirments. just can't run Stg 2 Requested boost levels. This informations is DIRECTLY from REVO. I ran Stg 2 software with lowered requeested boost for 2 weeks and ZERO problems. I didn't want to have to go back to my dealer when my TBE was installed, and had already got the SPS select plus.

but yeah. you do have to have a DP prior to stg 2, and an intake is HIGHLY reccomended.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
before you misinform people make sure you know your shit.

OP: if you go directly to REVO's website, they will tell you the hardware requirements for stage 2, which is an aftermarket downpipe (DP). it goes on to list optional hardware, which is an intake.
you cant go stage 2 with out a DP, and you cant put the software first and then the DP later on. thats why its called stage 2, because it exceeds the limit of stage 1 programming. im pretty sure running stage 2 programming without the required parts will fuck up your system :bonk:. its just stupid.
as for not not being able to afford the parts, thats what credit cards are for :thumbup:
(you can actually get a catless DP, which will get you the most gains off of stage 2 programming, for a little over 300. saw it around the internet for 319 shipped.)

:party0038:

where in miami you at?

no need to be an e thug, he wasnt spreading misinformation at all.

Last edited:

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
The stock air box isnt even that restrictive. I did vag logs at 40*F and the stock box was about 180g/s and 5-12*C temps while my neuspeed with both stock neuspeed filter and AEM dryflow is about 195g/s and 12-20*C temps.

DP is required for Stage 2, they highly recommend an intake, but not required. Stick with Stage 1 until you can afford a DP :headbang: