GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 1 - stunning numbers!!!!! Wow

sphereman1

Ready to race!
Read on boys and watch video on link below! Hopefully not a repost lol
:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-mkvii/181/stage-1#.VDNSvmK9KK0

Stage 1 software details for your , , ( bhp)

The MK7 VW Golf R is the latest in the line of VW hot hatches and the fastest Golf to date. With a fantastic mix of an all new 296bhp engine and the latest generation Haldex 4-wheel drive system, even in standard trim it’s a force to be reckoned with. But what happens when you combine Revo Stage1 Performance software with an E888 Gen 3 2.0TSI motor? Have a look at the below video to see...

Stage 1 comes as a result of months of development, rigorous testing plus real world performance evaluation on our own development vehicles. Revo performance software can be flashed directly to the MK7 Golf R through the OBD2 socket with no need for ECU removal.

Stage 1 is designed to work in harmony with an otherwise totally standard car to give gains of upto 75BHP and 80FT/LB using pump fuel, over the standard 296BHP and 280FT/LB with fantastic gains throughout the rev range giving better drivability and increased performance whether you're on the road or the race track.

Our test vehicles have clocked repeatable 0-60 MPH times of 3.7 seconds along with a 0-100MPH times of just 9 seconds, both timed at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground. An impressive improvement over the standard times of 4.9 seconds to 60MPH and 12.3 to 100MPH for the DSG equipped test mule.

Revo Performance Software puts the Golf MK7 R into supercar rival territory - outpacing cars including the Audi R8 V10 (3.9-seconds 0-60mph) and the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (3.7-seconds 0-60mph).

*NOTE: Stock mode is not completely stock, it will run similar performance levels to a stock vehicle. Your Revo dealer has a complete factory stock file, if any main dealer warranty or servicing work is required, we recommend returning your vehicle to complete stock.

15/09/14 - Technical Service Bulletin

Following the release of our Stage1 performance software we have experienced a minor issue with a small number of vehicles.

Vehicles affected: MK7 VW Golf R with DSG Transmission running the 5G0 906 259E S00032 ECU

Issue: In certain conditions the vehicle can go into a soft limp. Typically in higher performance modes following a gear change after a high-load in-gear pull through higher gears

This issue does not occur on all vehicles, it was not present on any of our development vehicles from all of our test regions around the world.

This is a driveability issue and will not cause any long term damage.

We are currently working towards a Version 2 software release that will be made available to current customers FOC.

If you have any queries or have any information about vehicles showing this symptom and would like to speak to a member of our team please contact our UK sales/support office

Best regards,

Revo Developments.

:eek:

xheartcoreboyx1

Turbo goes KA BOOM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyb3rdud3

Ready to race!
Turbo goes KA BOOM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some have done true, but none that I'm aware off with a Revo (or other) tune unless you know otherwise...As such I don't think it is appropriate to just make that comment in this context.

cyb3rdud3

Ready to race!
Don't get me wrong. Stock this is a brilliant car. However when you apply a stage 1 tune you realise how much better it can be. Truly not a case of more for more sake.

I've driven mine for nearly 9k miles now, of which the last 2k'ish with s stage 1 tune. I've had the time and taken the time to know the car intimately on how it handles and responds etc.

I haven't seen the particular Revo version run. However feedback I've received from non affiliated people that I trust who are running it is very very positive indeed.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Don't get me wrong. Stock this is a brilliant car. However when you apply a stage 1 tune you realise how much better it can be. Truly not a case of more for more sake.

I've driven mine for nearly 9k miles now, of which the last 2k'ish with s stage 1 tune. I've had the time and taken the time to know the car intimately on how it handles and responds etc.

I haven't seen the particular Revo version run. However feedback I've received from non affiliated people that I trust who are running it is very very positive indeed.

Looking at getting an R. What stage 1 do you have?

The Revo figures are impressive & would be interested to hear more about stage 1 tunes.

Not that MPG is an issue, but what do you achieve? 25mpg would be great, anymore would be better :D.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Somehow this reminds me of my college students who feel that straight vodka isn't strong enough, so they want to try drinking 151 Everclear.

Nah. That'd be turboing an R32

Last edited:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

Agreed. 2 years ago 300 HP 4.9 to 60 was announced. That was huge. First owner I've heard speak up in here. Review please??

Then I saw the stage 1 tune. It seems to be good because it shows MB "So you have ($50k+) 'AMG' 2.0T with 350 HP? And that's all you can do? This Is how a VW does it!" That's massive massive. Funny thing is, it puts the R on the same field as several upcoming cars in Paros with 350-400 HP 4 cylinders (TT sedan). That seems the next frontier.

What's it like? Have watched nearly every review online & read most mag articles yet keep imaging how they would have turned out had the car been turned up to 11 with the stage 1 tune. 1.2 second gains to 60 are huge. 9 to 100? Insane! That's enough for me engine-wise.

cyb3rdud3

Ready to race!
Looking at getting an R. What stage 1 do you have?

The Revo figures are impressive & would be interested to hear more about stage 1 tunes.

Not that MPG is an issue, but what do you achieve? 25mpg would be great, anymore would be better :D.

I went with what I knew. I've gone for a petrol tuning box from dtuk. They originate from the Germany based DTE Systems. However dtuk applies their own power curves on maps 3 and 4. On my DSG equipped R I've measured it at 3.77s to 60mph. I had to abort my quarter mile runs due to the wheather, but on my attempt at a lower power setting I got it on my second ever run down to 12.4s. I know of an S3 with the same tune that got it down to 11.9s

The reason for me to go for a box is that both are generic at this level. I'm not going to go to stage 2 and above. And I'm keeping mine only for two years. I can sell a box there after. The plus side of a map is that it likely will have adapted the throttle response as well, at least that is the feedback I've read from Revo users. To get a similar effect one has to add a pedal box as well. This works so incredibly well and remove some of the initial hesitation and lag that I didn't even realised was there :)

Take you pick. The R is responding very well to stage 1 tunes. I look forward for others to start experimenting with stage 2 onwards :)

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Read on boys and watch video on link below! Hopefully not a repost lol
:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-mkvii/181/stage-1#.VDNSvmK9KK0

Stage 1 software details for your , , ( bhp)

The MK7 VW Golf R is the latest in the line of VW hot hatches and the fastest Golf to date. With a fantastic mix of an all new 296bhp engine and the latest generation Haldex 4-wheel drive system, even in standard trim it’s a force to be reckoned with. But what happens when you combine Revo Stage1 Performance software with an E888 Gen 3 2.0TSI motor? Have a look at the below video to see...

Stage 1 comes as a result of months of development, rigorous testing plus real world performance evaluation on our own development vehicles. Revo performance software can be flashed directly to the MK7 Golf R through the OBD2 socket with no need for ECU removal.

Stage 1 is designed to work in harmony with an otherwise totally standard car to give gains of upto 75BHP and 80FT/LB using pump fuel, over the standard 296BHP and 280FT/LB with fantastic gains throughout the rev range giving better drivability and increased performance whether you're on the road or the race track.

Our test vehicles have clocked repeatable 0-60 MPH times of 3.7 seconds along with a 0-100MPH times of just 9 seconds, both timed at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground. An impressive improvement over the standard times of 4.9 seconds to 60MPH and 12.3 to 100MPH for the DSG equipped test mule.

Revo Performance Software puts the Golf MK7 R into supercar rival territory - outpacing cars including the Audi R8 V10 (3.9-seconds 0-60mph) and the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (3.7-seconds 0-60mph).

*NOTE: Stock mode is not completely stock, it will run similar performance levels to a stock vehicle. Your Revo dealer has a complete factory stock file, if any main dealer warranty or servicing work is required, we recommend returning your vehicle to complete stock.

15/09/14 - Technical Service Bulletin

Following the release of our Stage1 performance software we have experienced a minor issue with a small number of vehicles.

Vehicles affected: MK7 VW Golf R with DSG Transmission running the 5G0 906 259E S00032 ECU

Issue: In certain conditions the vehicle can go into a soft limp. Typically in higher performance modes following a gear change after a high-load in-gear pull through higher gears

This issue does not occur on all vehicles, it was not present on any of our development vehicles from all of our test regions around the world.

This is a driveability issue and will not cause any long term damage.

We are currently working towards a Version 2 software release that will be made available to current customers FOC.

If you have any queries or have any information about vehicles showing this symptom and would like to speak to a member of our team please contact our UK sales/support office

Best regards,

Revo Developments.

:eek:

these cars just respond so well to tunes. dunno if anyone is following the a3/s3 tunes but its nuts on that platform as well

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
400 hp < 3.8 to 60 seems to be VW's next performance specs for their hopped up 2.0T AWD cars. Stage 1 is typically the stock numbers for the next models it seems. This tune kinda makes it a mini-RS7 lol.