GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Osram vs. Aliexpress dynamic turn signals

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I like the Osrams more, but I'm not getting them, haha. Awesome to see a real review though. Is Osram the supplier if you buy from VW?

I am on my third set of Ali units, had the early dark smoke (useless in the daytime, driver indicator invisible), then the lighter smoke (mostly useless in the daytime, driver indicator visible at night, barely), and now the white ones (bright enough for day and night, driver indicator works about as well as OEM).
The smoked ones I got from Amazon (I highly doubt they are any different than the AliExpress ones) are pretty bright in the daytime. Must be a newer revision.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Very happy with the $40 transparent version on Amazon. I can appreciate the quality of the Osrams, just not at the price difference though.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
These ones?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...1&pd_rd_w=OrYYX&pd_rd_wg=bsbKJ&ref_=pd_gw_unk

Only reason I am hesitant is that it is almost certain that I am going to break a fucking clip.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXJJ7V5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got these ones but they look like they are the same brand (and a few bucks cheaper).....and the mirror housings are stronger than you think. Once you pop the mirror off there's a few tabs and screws, but they were easy to get at with trim tools.

I'll get a video of them blinking when I go to lunch.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXJJ7V5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got these ones but they look like they are the same brand (and a few bucks cheaper).....and the mirror housings are stronger than you think. Once you pop the mirror off there's a few tabs and screws, but they were easy to get at with trim tools.

I'll get a video of them blinking when I go to lunch.
I think yours are just in US funds, but yes, same ones. I like the smoked look. alright, here I go.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yes those are mine.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
The Amazon ones....

Attachments

• blinkers.gif
    blinkers.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 142

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I made a video on the Dynablink smoked indicators vs the clear AliExpress/eBay ones.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I bought the smoked ones from Ali Express over a year ago. They fit perfectly, work perfectly and look good. IMO, for $20 they're a no brainer.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Do the interior indicators on the Ali units function like the OEM ones? I keep seeing a lot of people say that they can’t see them.

I have had the Kibowear ones on my R for quite a while now (2 years maybe?) and unless something changed along the way, you can clearly see the signal on the inside lip of the mirror as it flashes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have the smoked Amazon specials as well. Got them a year ago, no issues so far. Same as the AliExpress ones, but paid a bit more for domestic shipping.