GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Osram vs. Aliexpress dynamic turn signals

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Only problem with mine, I don’t see the blink in the mirror anymore, which doesn’t bother me. It might have just been my install, but like I said, not to worried

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Only problem with mine, I don’t see the blink in the mirror anymore, which doesn’t bother me. It might have just been my install, but like I said, not to worried
If it doesn't blink in the mirror it's not working.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
It blinks, I can sorta see it in the top corner, but it’s not at all like the stock blink. I actually used to confuse the stock blink with the blind spot detection and glad I can’t anymore

mfrench2022

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7.5 r
side marker.jpg

Was able to get mine in over the weekend. Everything functions like stock and glad i did it. Love the slightly smoked look. Worst part of install was getting mirror caps back on.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
I bought the smoked AliExpress ones a while back and installed them. Have to echo what most have said about the f^@*#&^ mirror caps (the passenger side went so smoothly, but the driver's side chose violence). The install of the actual lights was super easy and they look great! Used the savings to splurge on some Superspeeds so worth it :ROFLMAO:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Everyone complaining about the clips, the two little T-15 screws behind the mirror were the biggest PITA for me. Getting those fuckers back in without having the caps come loose while you tighten everything back up to pop the mirror back in was a chore to the point I think I only put one of the OEM mirrors back together when I did my power folding and turn signal swap. Probably should finish that and try to flip them. :ROFLMAO:

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
If you're not set on OEM, I picked up these guys about a year ago. So far no issues and working just fine. Puddle lights are pretty bright too.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843343512.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d1RCQX8

Door controllers I picked up to upgrade with the mirrors:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32920892068.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.22324c4ddixY1x
Who did your ODIS parameters on those door controllers? or did they come with parameters for a Mk7 already?

My AliExpress dynamic mirror signals are daylight visible bright from the front, but the length of time the final segment is lit is so short you barely notice them inside the cabin in daylight. It took me two tries on AliEx to get dynamic turns that worked with the 2019 Mk7.5... The first set wouldn't produce a full sweep of the signal because the 12V pulse for blink, unlock and hazard lights was too short.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Who did your ODIS parameters on those door controllers? or did they come with parameters for a Mk7 already?

My AliExpress dynamic mirror signals are daylight visible bright from the front, but the length of time the final segment is lit is so short you barely notice them inside the cabin in daylight. It took me two tries on AliEx to get dynamic turns that worked with the 2019 Mk7.5... The first set wouldn't produce a full sweep of the signal because the 12V pulse for blink, unlock and hazard lights was too short.
Modules came already programed for a golf Mk7, I just had to copy over my coding with VCDS from my old ones to the new ones and then check the boxes to get power folding and reverse mirror dip working.

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
Which vendor did you get the modules from? Were they B, D, E, F or K suffix? The modules I bought were supposedly Mk7 (F suffix), but only if I happen to own an ODIS I can break out and set the parameters in the module... I'd love to find some plug-n-play F modules.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Which vendor did you get the modules from? Were they B, D, E, F or K suffix? The modules I bought were supposedly Mk7 (F suffix), but only if I happen to own an ODIS I can break out and set the parameters in the module... I'd love to find some plug-n-play F modules.
E suffix, I had 5Q0959392E/ 393E modules which are lowline, upgraded to the 5Q0959592E/593E modules, just required copying over the long code in VCDS from my existing modules and then coding for the extra features.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32920892068.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.12ba4c4dX8sPo3

Edit: A quick search shows sellers with the F suffix, might try searching around and messaging them to see if they are plug and play.

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
E suffix, I had 5Q0959392E/ 393E modules which are lowline, upgraded to the 5Q0959592E/593E modules, just required copying over the long code in VCDS from my existing modules and then coding for the extra features.

Edit: A quick search shows sellers with the F suffix, might try searching around and messaging them to see if they are plug and play.
Thx, I had messaged both Heycar and Dokiauto last night. The seller you used responded that theirs have parameters set for Mk7.5, but I always prefer some non-biased opinion confirming what the seller's support staff is saying from behind their keyboard. Now they're asking LHD or RHD. Fortunately, I'm LHD, and mainland China is LHD. So, unless they're in and shipping from Hong Kong, I should be good to go with the seller you used.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
That was a great review, and I really like that you included the vid clips of both in action.
Excellent!
I myself have the Ali Express jobs, and love them.
It's cool to see the build quality difference in the Osram's, but that price!