Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
this exhaust is actually made of T201 stainless, according to a vendor that returned my correspondence. t201 rusts quick as hell, i see why this is priced so low now. can anyone confirm?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
this exhaust is actually made of T201 stainless, according to a vendor that returned my correspondence. t201 rusts quick as hell, i see why this is priced so low now. can anyone confirm?

If it’s magnetic, it’ll rust.

Quality stainless like 304 or 321 (not magnetic) cost more in raw materials than these systems retail for.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Frankly. I don’t think that would be worth it. It’ll probably delay the inevitable by a year or two
yeah i don't have alot of xp in that climate just spit balling really. I would just modify the oem catback if your really worried about rust, cut the res gives you a little better volume, minial drone, but it wont be as loud as a aftermarket catback

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
yeah i don't have alot of xp in that climate just spit balling really. I would just modify the oem catback if your really worried about rust, cut the res gives you a little better volume, minial drone, but it wont be as loud as a aftermarket catback
i was spitballing too. but i have seen mild steel take aluminum baths and it only delays the inevitable.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
what about the club sport?? Your car sounds good as it sits now....
? When did you hear my car LOL

I have a 7.5 I think I gotta go with the tcr? I wouldn’t know where to buy it and not have to wait a few months for it

EDIT sorry Donnie. Didn’t even realize 🤦🏽‍♂️

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
? When did you hear my car LOL

I have a 7.5 I think I gotta go with the tcr? I wouldn’t know where to buy it and not have to wait a few months for it

EDIT sorry Donnie. Didn’t even realize 🤦🏽‍♂️

lololol I think you are right about the TCR. It seems worth the wait. Also why don’t you like yours?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
lololol I think you are right about the TCR. It seems worth the wait. Also why don’t you like yours?
I think it’s more like “doing something for the sake of doing it”

I got to hear an akrapovic exhaust. That shit ruined me. I could not believe how good it sounded. It was just the axle back. But that’s like $2k

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I think it’s more like “doing something for the sake of doing it”

I got to hear an akrapovic exhaust. That shit ruined me. I could not believe how good it sounded. It was just the axle back. But that’s like $2k
Oh damn lol. My buddy has an akrapovic on his Alfa 4c and it sounds unbelievable