GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev9 Exhaust

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
It's coming today. Just need to find the time to put it in. Probably this weekend.

I'm planning on making a quick before and after video to show the difference.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
It's coming today. Just need to find the time to put it in. Probably this weekend.

I'm planning on making a quick before and after video to show the difference.

If the res fixes the drone I'm placing my order asap. The videos probably don't do it justice, but if my subwoofer is telling the truth the Rev9 system has a lot more low end to it. Sounds much cleaner and smoother than the stock catback.

Last edited:

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
I took a before and after run before and after the vibrant...

It's better, for sure. Damn armrest still vibrates a little. Going to have to dynamat it or something. Overall it's a bit more tame and civilized.

Gotta get the videos merged edited or whatever. Anybody with the ability to do so, lmk. Otherwise, I'll be fumbling with it myself and I'll get them up eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I took a before and after run before and after the vibrant...

It's better, for sure. Damn armrest still vibrates a little. Going to have to dynamat it or something. Overall it's a bit more tame and civilized.

Gotta get the videos merged edited or whatever. Anybody with the ability to do so, lmk. Otherwise, I'll be fumbling with it myself and I'll get them up eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I’ve built very aggressively loud exhausts and never produced a rattle, you should double, triple check clearances the full length of your exhaust.

If you can’t fit your finger between the exhaust parts and every part of the rest of the car it needs adjusted. Your pointer finger is the absolute minimum acceptable clearance as a rule of thumb (no pun intended)

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Nothing touching or even close. You can get a hand around each section and coupler. Besides where it goes under the rear subframe, where its close but not making contact.

I reinstalled everything today when I cut the reducer off the downpipe. I worked from front to back, fitting each section. Clear on all sides. My car is just producing this low frequency resonance. The vibrant absolutely cut it down a bit, but its still there's little.

I put some time and effort into the rear exhaust tunnel covet today too. My determination is that the little hotdog resonator is slightly too large diameter in that area. Had it been a straight pipe there, it would fit. Still not sold on trimming that part. I might yank the resonator and drop a straight pipe in they're so I can refit the cover.

The secret to getting the tips aligned, vertically, is the twist on the piece next to the drivers rear wheel. A little left or right and it sends the tips up or down. For anyone fighting that battle. That's the cliffnotes on it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BiH_GTI

Nothing touching or even close. You can get a hand around each section and coupler. Besides where it goes under the rear subframe, where its close but not making contact.

I reinstalled everything today when I cut the reducer off the downpipe. I worked from front to back, fitting each section. Clear on all sides. My car is just producing this low frequency resonance. The vibrant absolutely cut it down a bit, but its still there's little.

I put some time and effort into the rear exhaust tunnel covet today too. My determination is that the little hotdog resonator is slightly too large diameter in that area. Had it been a straight pipe there, it would fit. Still not sold on trimming that part. I might yank the resonator and drop a straight pipe in they're so I can refit the cover.

The secret to getting the tips aligned, vertically, is the twist on the piece next to the drivers rear wheel. A little left or right and it sends the tips up or down. For anyone fighting that battle. That's the cliffnotes on it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

So whats it your setup now. Did you remove the bigger resonator and replaced it with vibrant one.

I am waiting for mine to arrive as well. I was thinking removing the bigger one and replacing it with vibrant. But i have no cat as well so will see if it helps

And trying to understand your secret because i have been fighting the tips adjustment and i gave up until next time.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
I removed the long res and put the vibrant there. I'll post the pic tonight of what i removed and what i added. I also cut a few inches off the CTS DP (where the taper is) and replaced it with straight 3" going to the vibrant resonator.

For the adjustment of the tips, you have to loosen the last clamp (before the split to the mufflers), at the rear, and the one between the two hotdog resonators. Then the (sort of s shaped) section can be rotated clockwise or counter clockwise. You twist it so that the bend is closer to the car or closer top the ground. This concurrently moves the tips up and down. Once you get it here you want it, tighten the clamps.

BiH_GTI

I removed the long res and put the vibrant there. I'll post the pic tonight of what i removed and what i added. I also cut a few inches off the CTS DP (where the taper is) and replaced it with straight 3" going to the vibrant resonator.

For the adjustment of the tips, you have to loosen the last clamp (before the split to the mufflers), at the rear, and the one between the two hotdog resonators. Then the (sort of s shaped) section can be rotated clockwise or counter clockwise. You twist it so that the bend is closer to the car or closer top the ground. This concurrently moves the tips up and down. Once you get it here you want it, tighten the clamps.

Thank you very much :) I Will try that. but it good that the resonator changed the drone. That its not as bad as it was

racerx20

Ready to race!
Anyone running this exhaust on a factory DP car? Curious as to what the sound is.