GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rev matching with A/C on

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
It appears to be rather difficult to rev match with the A/C running. At least, it was today. I can barely get the throttle to blip over 2K rpms.

Am I going crazy, or is it already time to part it out?

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Part it out.

Your revs will drop faster with the AC on, so you have to drive it a little bit differently. But if you are driving aggressively, why is your AC on?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Part it out.

Your revs will drop faster with the AC on, so you have to drive it a little bit differently. But if you are driving aggressively, why is your AC on?
Okay, PA, a/c isn't really an option this time of year for many of us. I don't really know what's different with the coding for ECS fully off, but something about the throttle mapping seems to be more linear and rev matching is much more intuitive.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Part it out.

Not driving aggressively, I just like to downshift without sweating.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
It's normal on MT cars generally on a hot day. You just have to get use to it by blipping more or engaging the downshift slightly sooner in the lower gear before the RPM drops out of range.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I managed to get it to rev up to about 2800 or so today, but it took a foot to the floor blip to get there. Really hate this dual mass flywheel.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Another vote for AC. It's 90 degrees out right now, and muggier than Poseidon's balls. I'm pretty sure that if I get a track day in this year, I'm still going to have the AC on, if just to avoid heat stroke with the helmet. :ROFLMAO:

Elcheapo Loco

Ready to race!
AC affects engine revs on every MT car I've owned except BMW. The AC had no effect on the BMW's rpm or how it drives. I never looked into why it's different but I wish every manufacturer would do the same.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
AC affects engine revs on every MT car I've owned except BMW. The AC had no effect on the BMW's rpm or how it drives. I never looked into why it's different but I wish every manufacturer would do the same.
Is it possible that your BMW engines were larger displacement? My manual BMW's have displayed some a/c lag, but less than smaller displacement engines.

lotsofmarks

Car(s)
'18 Sportwagen
How do you even throttle blip downshift these cars? The brake pedal is too far from the gas pedal, I even got a gas pedal spacer and its still very awkward to say the least....and I wear size 12 shoes.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
How do you even throttle blip downshift these cars? The brake pedal is too far from the gas pedal, I even got a gas pedal spacer and its still very awkward to say the least....and I wear size 12 shoes.
Heel+toe should solve that. Use the ball of your foot. Left side of the ball to apply the brake, then rotate your ankle and use the right side of the ball to blip the throttle.

lotsofmarks

Car(s)
'18 Sportwagen
Heel+toe should solve that. Use the ball of your foot. Left side of the ball to apply the brake, then rotate your ankle and use the right side of the ball to blip the throttle.

I suspect my shoes are too grippy, then again I've heel and toed many a manual car, Honda s2000 and 5.7 Challenger got the pedal spacing right IMHO, mk7 makes it more difficult than it should be.