GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hi,

I ‘ve calibrated the camera again (twice this week to see if there are differences) and both calibrations with the board centered at 1,20m.
This went fine and no errors, yaw, pitch, roll are below 0.9 after calibraition the A5 has no errors,

Other than the previous calibrations where the "exceed limit" appeared within 10km driving, the dynamic calibration still shows "No Values Stored" after more than 100km driving.
"Dynamic calibration: details Passive: no values stored"

I've driven with the laptop connected and the Dynamics calibration shows sometimes Active for a few minutes, but the Dynamic Calibration Distance is still 0km after many days and km's driving.
Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

See values in the attachments
How are you driving?
After you see the car steers Itself properly you should let It drive by Itself as much as you can, Drive slower and every time the Lane assist light turns yellow move the steering wheel a bit.

It will take time, mine took months and around 400KM until It was done, But I guess It all depends on how much you drive.

gjburg2

Car(s)
Skoda Karoq
Thank you for the tips and suggestions, drove almost 500km and not one calibration kilometer was registered. Strange enough, sometimes it showed random a speed signs, but also when the sign shows 60km the dash shows a random limit like 120km.
After the first calibrations it instantly shows "Dynamic calibration exceed limits" at the first drive, and after later calibrations the dynamic km won't count and the signs are wrong. So probably static calibration image is good, but the moving images are affected by interference and camera signal got corrupted.

Due to the many calibrations, the FFC cable got also a bit crumpled, so I decided to re-ordered a 20cm FFC cable.
This time I put duct tape over the FFC cable to protect it.

Put everything back in the car, and I'm pretty experienced in calibrating now, :cool: so this was done in a few minutes.
And and and YES! 👍:D on the first drive it directly picked up the signs, and on the highway the Lane assist became green and shows yellow lines when steering also the self steering works instant!!

Don't know if it was a bad cable or bad connection,. Most important, calibrating has begun and every thing works.

1676554890132.png

modesto93

Car(s)
Seat Leon 1.4 TGI 17
guys which frontcamera should you take for Seat Leon 2017? As acc mounts the 5Q0 907 572 H .
5q0 or 3q0?

gjburg2

Car(s)
Skoda Karoq
guys which frontcamera should you take for Seat Leon 2017? As acc mounts the 5Q0 907 572 H .
5q0 or 3q0?
Hi, the 2016 Seat Leon has the 5Q0907572F and the A5 Camera 5Q0 980 653 G. When the 2017 model has a only a higher firmware variant it should work with 5Q0 980 653 G
You can probably also diable ACC with longcoding and have lane assist activated.

modesto93

Car(s)
Seat Leon 1.4 TGI 17
On Aliexpress it is much easier to find the 3q0 which is sold in combination with the cable. The 5q0 cannot be found on sale with the cable needed for the connection…

sofro88

Car(s)
golf mk7.5
hi, could please someone whom has retrofitted the 3q camera show me how hidden the brain? I mean you can buy the cover and the bracket for the front camera, but then you need to put some black tape on glass so it's not visible from outside. can someone show me some picture from outside? thanks

gjburg2

Car(s)
Skoda Karoq
Hi, I've a Skoda with a dotted foil between the two glass layers. So the set from aliexpress is most perfect but won't work for me, and thereby I've the larger 3Q0980654L camera and don't know if there is a set for this.

I already had extended the lens in my mirror case with an FFC cable, calibrated and placed the module itself between the mirror and the roof with some soft protection to prevent the metal ticking against the window.

After driving a few weeks and all works fine, I ordered only the inside camera trim and the mirror trim, from a second hand autopart website (The mirror trim is the same part nummer as VW 3G0858634 and 3G0858633, the camera cover is different per model 3 parts were total of €36). Once received, I noticed that the OEM windshield has placed the mirror a bit lower than without the camera and I need to cut off 2cm from the camera trim, due to the cut I was able to make small tip which hooks under the roof to keep it in place (picture 3). The other end is held in place by the two mirror covers.

Then put black wrap foil on the inside with some overlap and once it's all in place cutted it with a sharp knife.
From a distance and in the shade it looks all black (last picture), but nearby in the sun, you'll notice that the rainsensor part is more black than the wrap.

I also have tried 80% tinted window foil, but this was not black enough and in full sun, you'll could see the camera module. Even tried 3 layers windows tint.
And I had black wrap foil already at home and also did the job.

Attachments

• IMG_8556.JPG
    IMG_8556.JPG
    880.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8557.JPG
    IMG_8557.JPG
    793.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8561.JPG
    IMG_8561.JPG
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8565.JPG
    IMG_8565.JPG
    795.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 216572.jpg
    216572.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 3G0858633.png
    3G0858633.png
    796.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8555.JPG
    IMG_8555.JPG
    682.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hi, I've a Skoda with a dotted foil between the two glass layers. So the set from aliexpress is most perfect but won't work for me, and thereby I've the larger 3Q0980654L camera and don't know if there is a set for this.

I already had extended the lens in my mirror case with an FFC cable, calibrated and placed the module itself between the mirror and the roof with some soft protection to prevent the metal ticking against the window.

After driving a few weeks and all works fine, I ordered only the inside camera trim and the mirror trim, from a second hand autopart website (The mirror trim is the same part nummer as VW 3G0858634 and 3G0858633, the camera cover is different per model 3 parts were total of €36). Once received, I noticed that the OEM windshield has placed the mirror a bit lower than without the camera and I need to cut off 2cm from the camera trim, due to the cut I was able to make small tip which hooks under the roof to keep it in place (picture 3). The other end is held in place by the two mirror covers.

Then put black wrap foil on the inside with some overlap and once it's all in place cutted it with a sharp knife.
From a distance and in the shade it looks all black (last picture), but nearby in the sun, you'll notice that the rainsensor part is more black than the wrap.

I also have tried 80% tinted window foil, but this was not black enough and in full sun, you'll could see the camera module. Even tried 3 layers windows tint.
And I had black wrap foil already at home and also did the job.
That looks very nice! But why not use 0% tint?

Also, does the trim that covers the camera rattle when driving? seems like it needs the OEM bracket to keep it in place.

gjburg2

Car(s)
Skoda Karoq
Indeed 0% will also work, but there is no car-shop nearby and didn't want to wait online for it :), And had black wrap at home,

The camera trim is thinner at the bottom. And due to cutting off 2cm., the camera module and the cable from the rainsensor are pushing the trim a little bit down at the bottom and the trim rests on the mirror "ball" housing. Between the black mirror cover and windo is a 1mm gap. So it won't rattle in my case. To prevent other annoying noises there is soft felt on the module and can't rattle against the window.

modesto93

Car(s)
Seat Leon 1.4 TGI 17
hi guys, has anyone got this error and know how to fix? Is it a connection or coding problem?

Attachments

• IMG_8549.jpeg
    IMG_8549.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72