GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Many thanks to everyone for the information, especially Cuzoe (again) and Nuje, I'm going to check the exact version of my ACC.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
So I couldn't add a quote to the previous post. But I bolded the parts of interest. If your front radar is G or H you can use it with the 3Q0 camera.

If you were to buy a 3QF Radar you could switch the heated lens over from your 5Q0. When I did my ACC retrofit, with 3Q0 radar, I bought a broken 5Q0 radar just to switch over the cover... detailed here, by me.
In the radar long coding (I think) there is a check box for heated front lens installed/not installed. The 3Q0 radar would typically be installed behind the emblem on an Mk7.5 so no need for heated lens, but if you install in the grill (like I have) the heated lens is for ice/snow I guess.

I missed your post that your radar is 5Q0 907 561 G... so it should work with the 3Q0 camera.
Well folks I just had a bad news, my Acc Radar is 5Q0907561D. Knowing this, I took a look at Aliexpress and saw that the price is much more affordable to buy a 3QF, the question is: after the purchase I would have to calibrate the new radar, there is a post here in the group indicating the procedure without being not authorized.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
That was the radar my car shipped with as well. :(

With the 3QF radar, you'll need (possibly) parameterization, and (definitely) removal of CP. I don't think the radar requires calibration (mine did not; when I installed a round radar to get ACC, I had my dealer remove CP for it, and then it was fully functional).

Some kind of calibration *is* necessary, though, for the A5 (lane assist camera) module.
I used VAG Retrofits (find on Facebook, or via @doctor here) and they provided service remotely to do the removal of CP as well as giving the camera some basic calibration. I did not need to make use of a calibration board or anything else on my end.

My understanding is that as you drive, the A5 (lane assist camera) module continues doing "dynamic" calibration, "learning" its range as you continue to drive.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI

With the 3QF radar, you'll need (possibly) parameterization, and (definitely) removal of CP. I don't think the radar requires calibration (mine did not; when I installed a round radar to get ACC, I had my dealer remove CP for it, and then it was fully functional).

Some kind of calibration *is* necessary, though, for the A5 (lane assist camera) module.
I used VAG Retrofits (find on Facebook, or via @doctor here) and they provided service remotely to do the removal of CP as well as giving the camera some basic calibration. I did not need to make use of a calibration board or anything else on my end.

My understanding is that as you drive, the A5 (lane assist camera) module continues doing "dynamic" calibration, "learning" its range as you continue to drive.
I understand Nuje, but in my case I have all the parameterization and calibration files for the A5 camera, the problem I think is that after I do the procedure suggested by Cuzoe, I'll need to calibrate the sensor. hope not!!!
I have another 5Q0 camera here, but I wanted to install the 3T0, because it would look more original with respect to camera support.

Attachments

• 20211021_211144.jpg
    20211021_211144.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 99
  • 20211021_211158.jpg
    20211021_211158.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 100

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
I understand Nuje, but in my case I have all the parameterization and calibration files for the A5 camera, the problem I think is that after I do the procedure suggested by Cuzoe, I'll need to calibrate the sensor. hope not!!!
I have another 5Q0 camera here, but I wanted to install the 3T0, because it would look more original with respect to camera support.
The calibration files for A5? Handmade? Because never exist any calibration files 🤣 you want new 3QF and 3Q camera Okay, but your ABS is support that? Probably not.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Os arquivos de calibração para A5? Feito à mão? Porque nunca existe nenhum arquivo de calibração que 🤣 você deseja novas câmeras 3QF e 3Q Ok, mas o seu ABS é compatível com isso? Provavelmente não.
hello, if you mean the rear abs sensors, they have already been replaced by the Park assist installation, while my ABS module is the 3Q0614517R. It is compatible?

Last edited:

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI

Nuje to install your ACC system, you had to change the Abs module??

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Nuje to install your ACC system, you had to change the Abs module??
EU and US cars specs so different. @Cuzoe @Nuje probably didn't chang the abs pump but probably their abs's readapt and parameterized. If you can contact with vagretrofit ( @vagretrofit in instagram ) they can do also your car too.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I didn't change my ABS, NA spec 2015 TDI, 6MT. Nuje did change his on his first car, NA spec 2015 TDI, DSG (although maybe he did not have to, we'll never know). I was planning to change mine (bought the same one Nuje did) but the guys at VAGretrofit said my ABS would work, and it does. Nuje did not change ABS on his new car, NA spec 2015 TDI, 6MT.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I didn't change my ABS, NA spec 2015 TDI, 6MT. Nuje did change his on his first car, NA spec 2015 TDI, DSG (although maybe he did not have to, we'll never know). I was planning to change mine (bought the same one Nuje did) but the guys at VAGretrofit said my ABS would work, and it does. Nuje did not change ABS on his new car, NA spec 2015 TDI, 6MT.
ok @Cuzoe I'll test it with myself, if it works I'll leave the information here in the group. ;)