GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Really ?? ... but so it's always in constant control? Or does it have a range for which it can subsequently be considered closed? ... thanks

Hey, Dynamic calibration can take a while to calibrate properly, mine took over 200km to finish.
Only way to restart Dynamic calibration is to perform static calibration with the poster again.
There is a reason that Dynamic Calibration failed, the camera isnt aligned perfectly, Mine Has screws for adjustment as I've made the bracket myself Tho I Dont know why it fails in your case(Windshield replacement.)

To get Dynamic Calibration to work that's what I Did (Didn't Replace Windshield).

After Perfecting the Angles and getting them as close to 0 as possible I Go For A Long Drive, And While Driving I Stop After every 20KM( Only if the dynamic calibration didnt fail suddenly) And check the Offset(Live Data doesnt work for me that well).

Then I Just keep on driving, for a few weeks, adding more and more Kilometers to the dynamic calibration and waiting for it to calculate all 3 offsets, Once It Has Finished, you Should See: Passive Values Stored Under "Dynamic Calibration Status"

And You are done.

mangio85

Car(s)
Passat b8 2015
Hey, Dynamic calibration can take a while to calibrate properly, mine took over 200km to finish.
Only way to restart Dynamic calibration is to perform static calibration with the poster again.
There is a reason that Dynamic Calibration failed, the camera isnt aligned perfectly, Mine Has screws for adjustment as I've made the bracket myself Tho I Dont know why it fails in your case(Windshield replacement.)

To get Dynamic Calibration to work that's what I Did (Didn't Replace Windshield).

After Perfecting the Angles and getting them as close to 0 as possible I Go For A Long Drive, And While Driving I Stop After every 20KM( Only if the dynamic calibration didnt fail suddenly) And check the Offset(Live Data doesnt work for me that well).

Then I Just keep on driving, for a few weeks, adding more and more Kilometers to the dynamic calibration and waiting for it to calculate all 3 offsets, Once It Has Finished, you Should See: Passive Values Stored Under "Dynamic Calibration Status"

And You are done.
Well, you were very accurate, thanks. What are the real-time data to keep monitored? Maybe I take a screen and check.

I re-performed the static calibration and now for about 50 km I had no problems. I hope I'm on the right track.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Well, you were very accurate, thanks. What are the real-time data to keep monitored? Maybe I take a screen and check.

I re-performed the static calibration and now for about 50 km I had no problems. I hope I'm on the right track.

In OBDeleven I Just Look For "Dynamic" And choose everything.

mangio85

Car(s)
Passat b8 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-134706_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-134706_OBDeleven.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_20210311-134656_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-134656_OBDeleven.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 253

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks Reaper ...
What do you think about it?
🙏
Well, seems like it is done, As i Said, it says Passive values stored and you can see that it has calculated all the values.

Now just drive it a lot and it will just keep learning.

michelhendriks

Car(s)
Audi A3 E-tron 2015
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences (and frustrations ) on this forum it helped me a lot

just came back from a testdrive with a secondhand 5q camera taped to the windshield of my Audi A3 . Just before driving of I removed the basic setting error and I could drive "handsfree". So it can work.

Still in doubt of replacing the windshield , or do the ffc cable trick.

One question which I cannot the answer for is:
Why should I make a connection between my factory acc and the windshield camera? It also works without it.
Heard some rumours about increase of acc limit? it's in my car now 150km/h

When I look in obdeleven "dynamic calibration details"
I read distance driven with active dynamic calibration of 18466km. Is that normal?

super-andre21

Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza
Thank you so much for your support...
I have an update. I managed to try another camera.
I think this is better.
What do you think? I enclose the results.

It's truth that we don't have to worry about databus errors before calibration ??
Thank you to all
Hi, how did you remove the acc module error?
I only have that error and i can not erase it, everything else is fixed but that error don't go away
Thank you

Arecki

Car(s)
Audi A3 8V
Hello,

I have found this topic very interesting and thank you all for all those useful information.
I have tried to retrofit this lane assist camera (5Q0 980 653 F) to my audi A3 V8. I have put it on the back of the internal mirror (with this FPC cable extension) and it fits quite well.
I have done all the coding and static calibration with VCDS successfully. I can see traffic signs recognition works correctly, however my dynamic calibration do not want to complete to start lane assist functionality.
I have driven over 300 km with dynamic calibration active. I can see yaw and pitch offsets changing a little bit (depends on the load in the car) but they are not over the limit. Although, I haven't seen roll parameter changing. I think it may be an issue that block dynamic calibration to complete.
Do you have any idea what can be a reason for this?
I would like to not buy an ODIS for only this purpose and find out that problem was somewhere else.

I will be grateful for any clue.
Thank you

Attachments

• dynamic calibration.png
    dynamic calibration.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 267

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences (and frustrations ) on this forum it helped me a lot

just came back from a testdrive with a secondhand 5q camera taped to the windshield of my Audi A3 . Just before driving of I removed the basic setting error and I could drive "handsfree". So it can work.

Still in doubt of replacing the windshield , or do the ffc cable trick.

One question which I cannot the answer for is:
Why should I make a connection between my factory acc and the windshield camera? It also works without it.
Heard some rumours about increase of acc limit? it's in my car now 150km/h

When I look in obdeleven "dynamic calibration details"
I read distance driven with active dynamic calibration of 18466km. Is that normal?
camera needs to communicate with the radar, My car does not have the radar but from comments on this thread people werent able to get it working till they connected the camera and radar.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hello,

I have found this topic very interesting and thank you all for all those useful information.
I have tried to retrofit this lane assist camera (5Q0 980 653 F) to my audi A3 V8. I have put it on the back of the internal mirror (with this FPC cable extension) and it fits quite well.
I have done all the coding and static calibration with VCDS successfully. I can see traffic signs recognition works correctly, however my dynamic calibration do not want to complete to start lane assist functionality.
I have driven over 300 km with dynamic calibration active. I can see yaw and pitch offsets changing a little bit (depends on the load in the car) but they are not over the limit. Although, I haven't seen roll parameter changing. I think it may be an issue that block dynamic calibration to complete.
Do you have any idea what can be a reason for this?
I would like to not buy an ODIS for only this purpose and find out that problem was somewhere else.

I will be grateful for any clue.
Thank you
well, in my case it took over 500km to calibrate fully, just give it time. if not, try and recalibrate it. Odis Only makes the static calibration easier, nothing special, if it worked with vcds, no reason to buy ODIS.

super-andre21

Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza
Hi,
I manage to put everything working, the HBA and TSR work perfectly however the Lane Assist has some issues.
The system recognises the lines however it does not correct the car trajectory as it should do, it just shake the steering wheel when I completely pass the line.
I would like to know if anyone experienced this problem and if so how you solve this problem.
I suspect that the steering column might not have this function of correcting the trajectory.
Steering column part number: 2Q1909144F
Thank you

bsalih

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys,

I recently sold my 2019 e-Golf SE and I had to take the camera unit out to bring it back to OEM. I have this unit for sale. PM me if any of you is interested:

It is 3Q camera came with G but later flashed to latest VW firmware (official) H and added TJA parameterization.
It comes with auto dimming mirror and covers for front assist camera (I haven't drilled a hole on the cover for the camera yet since i didnt have time to use the cover in this project.
I also have another camera which comes with S firmware (tested on the car and it works fine though S firmware was for AUDI cars) and it also comes with TJA.

Attachments

• 618CA7BB-53F0-4A6B-9419-393D223530E2.jpeg
    618CA7BB-53F0-4A6B-9419-393D223530E2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 301
  • 1C41E7D5-E190-4D71-840E-C43E7ED72634.jpeg
    1C41E7D5-E190-4D71-840E-C43E7ED72634.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 286
  • 4225FBF4-27C7-430C-A675-0A777147B286.jpeg
    4225FBF4-27C7-430C-A675-0A777147B286.jpeg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 260
  • BB33B88B-13CC-40BC-B5DF-2411D7E8B6D9.jpeg
    BB33B88B-13CC-40BC-B5DF-2411D7E8B6D9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
  • 34F81F9A-7AAF-4751-80D6-8419A581D1F7.jpeg
    34F81F9A-7AAF-4751-80D6-8419A581D1F7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 248
  • C6F8A452-156A-4D3B-910B-9828D534DA70.jpeg
    C6F8A452-156A-4D3B-910B-9828D534DA70.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 248
  • A54D7CDC-A32C-4825-B603-9FA7A9A3F28C.jpeg
    A54D7CDC-A32C-4825-B603-9FA7A9A3F28C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 311

bsalih

Passed Driver's Ed
Sold the mirror camera combo.

I have another spare camera module, no mount or mirror. It has the S version with TJA. It worked fine with my MK7.5 Golf

If anyone interested, please DM me.

Thanks,

nchGAT19

Car(s)
'19 Golf Alltrack SE
Late to the party, but I'm planning on retrofitting a 3Q0980654G camera on my 2017 Golf Alltrack SE with DAP (ACC, but no lane assist). I'm not going to replace my windshield, but I'm planning on following the guidance from this popular blog: http://mqb.pl/en/tutorial-retrofiting-lane-assist-sign-assist-light-assist-5q0980653/

I have some questions, and I'm sure they're addressed in this thread.. If someone could link me to the answers that would be great. Is it possible to perform static calibration with VCDS or OBDeleven? I have a Ross-Tech HEX-NET cable, and VCDS on my laptop... I see posts above of people doing static calibration with VCDS.. how?

If this is not possible without ODIS-S, I'll need to find a shop in the Seattle, WA area to do the calibration.

Also, does anyone have a link to some more descriptive wiring information?

Last edited:

bsalih

Passed Driver's Ed
Late to the party, but I'm planning on retrofitting a 3Q0980654G camera on my 2017 Golf Alltrack SE with DAP (ACC, but no lane assist). I'm not going to replace my windshield, but I'm planning on following the guidance from this popular blog: http://mqb.pl/en/tutorial-retrofiting-lane-assist-sign-assist-light-assist-5q0980653/

I have some questions, and I'm sure they're addressed in this thread.. If someone could link me to the answers that would be great. Is it possible to perform static calibration with VCDS or OBDeleven? I have a Ross-Tech HEX-NET cable, and VCDS on my laptop... I see posts above of people doing static calibration with VCDS.. how?

If this is not possible without ODIS-S, I'll need to find a shop in the Seattle, WA area to do the calibration.

Also, does anyone have a link to some more descriptive wiring information?
You need OBDEleven or ODIS, VCDS can't do basic settings as far as i know unless latest updates made it capable