GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Golfman1973

Hey guys new here,I'm looking to do this retro fit but wondering does the calibration have to be spot on with ODIS for this to work or can it accept anything?
And yes i understand if its not 100% accurate its dangerous!!!

cheers

scott

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys new here,I'm looking to do this retro fit but wondering does the calibration have to be spot on with ODIS for this to work or can it accept anything?
And yes i understand if its not 100% accurate its dangerous!!!

cheers

scott
It doesnt have to be spot on, you have 2.5 degrees of offset to play with.

Then the car will compensate while doing your dynamic calibration.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So my TDI S has no can (extended or otherwise) wires in the black connector outboard of the driver kick panel ?. Anybody know where else I can pick up can extended? Or what other modules get can extended that may be easier to tap into?
IMG_20200323_055122.jpg
Nuje sent me a couple wiring diagrams. They mention a can extended high/low connection point 1 & 2 (described as being "in main harness) but I'm not sure where. I suppose they could also not be present on my car.

If I can't come up with a suitable location I may order one of these, picture taken from AliExpress. Looks to be a clean way to tie in, and soooo much less annoying than tapping in at/near the gateway connector. Working up above the pedals will be a total pain.
IMG_20200324_184034.jpg

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
So my TDI S has no can (extended or otherwise) wires in the black connector outboard of the driver kick panel ?. Anybody know where else I can pick up can extended? Or what other modules get can extended that may be easier to tap into?
View attachment 168433
Nuje sent me a couple wiring diagrams. They mention a can extended high/low connection point 1 & 2 (described as being "in main harness) but I'm not sure where. I suppose they could also not be present on my car.

If I can't come up with a suitable location I may order one of these, picture taken from AliExpress. Looks to be a clean way to tie in, and soooo much less annoying than tapping in at/near the gateway connector. Working up above the pedals will be a total pain.
View attachment 168432
those are can wires in the orange plug in your photo, top right of the TIUL coupling. I'd have to reference the wiring diagram to confirm but I think you can tap in there too.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Really... I hope so, and hope they're can extended and not one of the others (diagnosis, running gear, comfort, what else is there, haha).

I need to download the full diagrams for car. Probably do it tonight after knocking out some homework.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Does anyone have a link or the measurements for setting up the calibration board in relation to the car?

I have the board printed and I set it 150cm from the centre of the front wheel hubs, with the middle white rectangle at the same level as the camera....and ODIS reported "no target seen" (or wording to that effect).

I thought I'd seen the layout earlier in this thread, but on quick pass-through (again), I couldn't find it.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Does anyone have a link or the measurements for setting up the calibration board in relation to the car?

I have the board printed and I set it 150cm from the centre of the front wheel hubs, with the middle white rectangle at the same level as the camera....and ODIS reported "no target seen" (or wording to that effect).

I thought I'd seen the layout earlier in this thread, but on quick pass-through (again), I couldn't find it.
VAS6430_wymiary (1).jpg

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Really... I hope so, and hope they're can extended and not one of the others (diagnosis, running gear, comfort, what else is there, haha).

I need to download the full diagrams for car. Probably do it tonight after knocking out some homework.
so to confirm, you don't have a male plug at all for the black harness? What about on the back side?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Correct, nothing in the back of the black plug either, except the 4 wires at the bottom but I don't think they're can. Attached the best picture I could grab.
IMG_20200323_041819.jpg

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
See points 1 and 2 of the Yellow (Female) plug (T17G), if I'm not mistaken, these points talk to the Gateway. Point 1 - CAN High. Point 2 - CAN low. test before.
the brown plug is T17E and T17M. there are definitely CAN wires in there, I THINK 9 and 11 are high and low...still trying to find the schematic and confirm.

edit: here is the diagram for the camera, it lists 9 and 11 but doesn't say if they are extended high or not.

Last edited: