GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Thanks, that a reel confadense buste

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
It is. But requires a new windshield (typically from a 2017 "Facelift" model, which came with the newer hardware).
I think @Cuzoe posted part numbers somewhere earlier in this thread.

Edit: 5GM-845-011-R-NVB is the windshield part number that Cuzoe used, and I subsequently did the same (both of us on 2015 models - his Golf, mine Variant / wagon).

If your car came with lane assist camera already, it's most likely the 5Q0 model - the 3Q0 camera would not fit that windshield bracket.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
It is. But requires a new windshield (typically from a 2017 "Facelift" model, which came with the newer hardware).
I think @Cuzoe posted part numbers somewhere earlier in this thread.

Edit: 5GM-845-011-R-NVB is the windshield part number that Cuzoe used, and I subsequently did the same (both of us on 2015 models - his Golf, mine Variant / wagon).

If your car came with lane assist camera already, it's most likely the 5Q0 model - the 3Q0 camera would not fit that windshield bracket.

Nuje, I already have the camera 5Q0 980653G, and everything necessary installed, but I'm wanting to change the camera and link 3T0. I don't want to change the windshield, I want to connect it through a flat cable.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
You probably were writing as I was adding my edit (above). :)

Only way to add that camera with your existing windshield is by figuring out some way of mounting the camera module to the existing mirror - it will not fit in the 5Q0* bracket.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
F
You probably were writing as I was adding my edit (above). :)

Only way to add that camera with your existing windshield is by figuring out some way of mounting the camera module to the existing mirror - it will not fit in the 5Q0* bracket.
Nuje, I did it like this, as my car did not come from the factory with the lane assist camera, I bought the 3Q0980654G camera bracket and glued it to the windshield, so I want to install the camera body in the bracket and the camera lens facing forward, in place of the light sensor, so my doubt is if the camera "talks" normally with the gateway, (mine is high).

Attachments

• 20211021_140506.jpg
    20211021_140506.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 120
  • 20211021_140513.jpg
    20211021_140513.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
If it's already all installed, why not just plug it in and see what happens? :D

It definitely should. My car did not come with lane assist either, but as soon as I connected the wiring, it showed up in VCDS.

What radar sensor do you have in the bumper for Front Assist? From what I've been told, the older version of that (round radar sensor) will not work with the 3Q0 lane assist camera.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Se já está tudo instalado, por que não conectá-lo e ver o que acontece? : D

Definitivamente deveria. Meu carro também não veio com auxiliar de faixa, mas assim que conectei a fiação, ele apareceu no VCDS.

Qual sensor de radar você tem no pára-choque do Front Assist? Pelo que me disseram, a versão mais antiga disso (sensor de radar redondo) não funcionará com a câmera auxiliar de pista 3Q0.

O radar no meu é o do pára-choque, mas é o modelo quadrado. Modelo 5q0 907 561 G

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 66
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427380100.012460.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427380100.012460.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 62

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Right. That was the original one on my car, too.
At the time I first asked about upgrading to ACC and Lane Assist, I was told that the radar in the bumper would not support ACC; and that even if it did, that 5Q0 radar sensor would not work with the 3Q0 lane assist camera.

My understanding is that if you get the 3Q0 camera working, it essentially disables the 5Q0 front assist (bumper) radar. 3QF907561D is the radar sensor to get for the 3Q0 camera. Note that it will require removal of CP.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Right. That was the original one on my car, too.
At the time I first asked about upgrading to ACC and Lane Assist, I was told that the radar in the bumper would not support ACC; and that even if it did, that 5Q0 radar sensor would not work with the 3Q0 lane assist camera.

My understanding is that if you get the 3Q0 camera working, it essentially disables the 5Q0 front assist (bumper) radar. 3QF907561D is the radar sensor to get for the 3Q0 camera. Note that it will require removal of CP.
I understand, for me it would be ideal for it to be compatible. :(

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Actually 3Q0 camera's works with in the following part radar's :

3QF907561
3QF907561A
3QF907561D

5Q0907561G

5Q0907561H

The difference is just "lens heating"
5Q0 radar's has heating lens, but 3QF radar's has not.

If you have 5Q0907561A,B,C,D,F,K radar's, it will not compatible with 3Q0 camera's

But i have good solution for it, so you can buy a new and cheapest 3QF radars and change the front lens with current 5Q0 (H05) radar's

What is the difference 5Q0907561A,B,C,D,F,K
And 3QF or 5Q0907561H,G radar's

They has more sensitive for collision and tracking lines / works with park modules without line's when following a car at lower speed's (0-50km/h)

Recognize standing objects and cars ( Front assist )

Predictive functions : if you have new 876B/C (US) or 874B/C (Europe) mib2 which has navigation with sd card discover media or mib2 / mib2.5 discover pro, and you have H10, H11 radar also have 3Q0 camera's
You can get the predictive adaptive cruise control ( P.Acc ) feature by rearranging the necessary coding and swaps. ( of course you can not do that by yourself ;) )

H05 radar's or 5Q0 camera can not do that.

It's been a little long article, I hope you won't fall asleep while reading
So I couldn't add a quote to the previous post. But I bolded the parts of interest. If your front radar is G or H you can use it with the 3Q0 camera.

If you were to buy a 3QF Radar you could switch the heated lens over from your 5Q0. When I did my ACC retrofit, with 3Q0 radar, I bought a broken 5Q0 radar just to switch over the cover... detailed here, by me.
In the radar long coding (I think) there is a check box for heated front lens installed/not installed. The 3Q0 radar would typically be installed behind the emblem on an Mk7.5 so no need for heated lens, but if you install in the grill (like I have) the heated lens is for ice/snow I guess.

I missed your post that your radar is 5Q0 907 561 G... so it should work with the 3Q0 camera.