GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Good night Friends, I'm almost giving up on the project, I've done almost everything of tests for operation (camera calibration), and I was not successful! just now I replaced the flat cable with a brand new one, but without success. I tested with two cameras (5Q0980653G), a new and a used one and I always have the same information on the ODIS screen, see attachment:
But I will keep trying! kkk
Guys ask me a question, which should be done first, Calibrate the camera with ODIS or use the VCDS to make the modifications ??
I would like a favor from you: if you could pass the tutorial for coding the VCDS that you used and it worked, because I'm suspecting that it may be an adjustment I'm making, I'm using it to adjust an XAGICO tutorial with VCDS and I'm not sure that is the correct one. I thank you and I hope this group's help. thank you !

View attachment 174747

Again, you cant start anything without loading parameters to your camera.

Of course it wont work.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Good afternoon, Reaper1, I think I'm getting confused in the sequence of things, tell me something, even with a used camera, it will be necessary to load parameters on it! I'm testing a used camera. Another thing, how do I load these parameters, can only be done via VW assistance!

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Good afternoon, Reaper1, I think I'm getting confused in the sequence of things, tell me something, even with a used camera, it will be necessary to load parameters on it! I'm testing a used camera. Another thing, how do I load these parameters, can only be done via VW assistance!

First try to Install the used camera and clear the codes, then check if you still have these errors.
If these errors are stored then the car cant calibrate.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Reaper1, sorry for the many questions. I try to remove the fault codes by odis, but then they come back. Last time I did the following: I left all the configuration of the car as original using the vcds, including the encoding of the camera (used) as I received it and used ODIS to see if the faults continued, but unfortunately the faults continued. The flaws are as follows:
U101400 - incorrectly coded control unit.
B200500 - invalid statistical data block.
B201000 - without basic statistical adjustment.
U112100 - data bus, missing statistical message.
I am using normal ODIS, do I have to use Odis engineering to calibrate the camera?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Reaper1, sorry for the many questions. I try to remove the fault codes by odis, but then they come back. Last time I did the following: I left all the configuration of the car as original using the vcds, including the encoding of the camera (used) as I received it and used ODIS to see if the faults continued, but unfortunately the faults continued. The flaws are as follows:
U101400 - incorrectly coded control unit.
B200500 - invalid statistical data block.
B201000 - without basic statistical adjustment.
U112100 - data bus, missing statistical message.
I am using normal ODIS, do I have to use Odis engineering to calibrate the camera?
Its ok ask as much questions as you want.

After installing the used camera you still cant remove the fault codes?

Try to code the car too, just so you get that out of the way.

I will send you the guide for coding later.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Its ok ask as much questions as you want.

After installing the used camera you still cant remove the fault codes?

Try to code the car too, just so you get that out of the way.

I will send you the guide for coding later.

Thank you friend, I will try to do what was said, and I am waiting for the coding guide. thank you.

Camarao69

Passed Driver's Ed
Didnt know it was possible to calibrate using obd11, how did you do it?

Pedestrian is enabled using SWAP code, only dealer can activate.
I did it by watching the the french video i posted.I only had it for 2 days lol the 3d box fell of because of the hot sun. I think the problem was with the vinyl , i have searched another way to glue it to the glass. Found some posts on drive2 to glue it , i will post it when i am finished.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Finally got my calibration target mounted and figured out how to position it.
The only error with my 5Q0 camera is "No Basic Settings".

So, set everything up as below:
Calibration.Target.png

And when I loaded up ODIS and went to Module A5 - Basic Settings, SEARCH CALIBRATION (or whatever the wording is), that "finished correctly".

But then, none of the other functions worked - "Static Calibration - end of assembly line" and "Calibration - customer service". Both just fail immediately.

Any ideas on how to get past this?
ODIS.Front.Assist.Camera.Errors.png

Camarao69

Passed Driver's Ed
20200606_174112.jpg

Ok, now i have every thing working.
Obd11 calibration:
1 place VAS6430 in wall 1,30m (from floor to black center dots)
2 put car 1,5m away from board (from wall to the center of wheel ,measure in the floor .
3 measure 4 wheel arches .

All the next steps change search calibration target to Grundeinstellung

SEQUENCE IS IMPORTANT
OBD11:
4 - go to module A5 change type of diagnostic to vw
5 -go adaptation distance to calibration field 1500m confirm
6 -go adaptation body height wheel house edge
Type your measurments confirm
7 -go adaptation calibration target position
Just confirm
8 - go adaptation axel offset
Just confirm

9 - go basic configuration search calibration target

10 - go basic configuration initial online configuration

11 - go basic configuration Static calibration costumer service

12- change type of diagnostic to end of assembly line

13 - go basic configuration static calibration end of assembly line

Last edited:

Camarao69

Passed Driver's Ed

View attachment 175463

And when I loaded up ODIS and went to Module A5 - Basic Settings, SEARCH CALIBRATION (or whatever the wording is), that "finished correctly".

But then, none of the other functions worked - "Static Calibration - end of assembly line" and "Calibration - customer service". Both just fail immediately.

View attachment 175464
Maybe there is a sequence too for odis, fallow my last post.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie

View attachment 175463

View attachment 175464

This is not how you calibrate with ODIS, ODIS Has a thing called Guided functions.
It does it all automatically for you in a friendly interface that is meant for a dealer to use.