GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

gc9n

Ready to race!
Should be fine, looks like mine :)

Make sure to print it with ABS or PETG, as PLA is not that heat resistant. Under the windsheild it may get reeeeaaaaly hot during the summer.

BTW. It's not that simple with 3Q0 camera, as the maximum length of an extension cable that is possible to use is around 20cm. Also the extension cable has to be 30 pin. The only way to do it right is to mount the control module to the windscreen and hide it under oem plastic cover.

Thanks for your response, yea sure the filament will be a good one maybe nylon.

About the cable. I didn't know that! The newer camera needs 30 pins? And only 20cm. That is changes everything...
Did encounder any problem with the 40cm in your camera. How did come into that conclusion?

Last edited:

gc9n

Ready to race!
Ok the Pins are 34 not 30 , Again Why this will not work with for examle 40cm cable? is it a lag matter?
as you can see there is a diff in the camera layout also .

Anyway i need from you guys some help for the cable harness ,
I have to connect it , Now! and later on i will see what i will do with the camera,
i will at least install the cable..
i will post some pics with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20181207_125945.jpg
    IMG_20181207_125945.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_20181207_125859.jpg
    IMG_20181207_125859.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 888
Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Ok the Pins are 34 not 30 , Again Why this will not work with for examle 40cm cable? is it a lag matter?
as you can see there is a diff in the camera layout also .

Anyway i need from you guys some help for the cable harness ,
I have to connect it , Now! and later on i will see what i will do with the camera,
i will at least install the cable..
i will post some pics with it.

Its probably lag, but the only thing this ribbon cables do is just extend each pin on the connector so it should work exactly the same.

Do you mean the harness that goes to the car?

gc9n

Ready to race!
Its probably lag, but the only thing this ribbon cables do is just extend each pin on the connector so it should work exactly the same.

Do you mean the harness that goes to the car?

Yea! the harness that goes down below drivers left leg , (non UK) I have the SKODA Karoq.

i must pull out the hood release handle in order to remove the cover and expose that brown and red big plugs .

i have a cable from kufatek , and they send me instructions for it,its ridiculous , they propably google translate it from german to english , its terrible.

i will verify with the multimeter if the piotrekp's Connection diagram is exactly the same with the cable that they made, because as you can see they just added 2 stickers for the front assist/acc

they added an extra cable also , and they told me that

"this wiring to connect the frontassist sensor.
The 2 wirings which goes into the brown connector need to have on the opposit side of the brown connector also a wiring which will be routed and layed to the sensor in the front."

do you understand anything from it ?:eek::(
imaging how terible is the manual!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20181206_143634.jpg
    IMG_20181206_143634.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_20181206_143707.jpg
    IMG_20181206_143707.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 838

gc9n

Ready to race!
this is the part that i have to take apart and expose the plugs,

i also have to mention , that i have front assist

Attachments

• IMG_20181207_145524.jpg
    IMG_20181207_145524.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 960

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Yea! the harness that goes down below drivers left leg , (non UK) I have the SKODA Karoq.

i must pull out the hood release handle in order to remove the cover and expose that brown and red big plugs .

i have a cable from kufatek , and they send me instructions for it,its ridiculous , they propably google translate it from german to english , its terrible.

i will verify with the multimeter if the piotrekp's Connection diagram is exactly the same with the cable that they made, because as you can see they just added 2 stickers for the front assist/acc

they added an extra cable also , and they told me that

"this wiring to connect the frontassist sensor.
The 2 wirings which goes into the brown connector need to have on the opposit side of the brown connector also a wiring which will be routed and layed to the sensor in the front."

do you understand anything from it ?:eek::(
imaging how terible is the manual!!!

Thats pretty wierd.
I Bought mine off aliexpress and it was really easy to identify what goes where.

In your case i can see a ground and the one on the left is for power,
The two twisted wires go to the can gateway and the two others that are marked go into the front radar (if you have one).

And there should be another connector for the camera heater but it is unused in our case.

gc9n

Ready to race!
I manage to remove the plastics , from those plugs i need only the upper right Brown one for the Pin 11 and 9 , that goes to the Front Assist ...

Now for the other 2 cables and the Can Gateway manual say Connect the can wires Can bus 1 to the 20-pin (Red) plug of the can gateway m Is the one sitted above the foot pedal.
I cant locate this..

Attachments

• IMG_20181207_223311 (1).jpg
    IMG_20181207_223311 (1).jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 1,238

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I manage to remove the plastics , from those plugs i need only the upper right Brown one for the Pin 11 and 9 , that goes to the Front Assist ...

Now for the other 2 cables and the Can Gateway manual say Connect the can wires Can bus 1 to the 20-pin (Red) plug of the can gateway m Is the one sitted above the foot pedal.
I cant locate this..

Hmm, You wont be able to see the gateway without actually putting your head near the pedals. its behind the steering wheel. but if you have the radar then you will have to tap into the gateway pins. because there will already be a wire there.

Last edited:

gc9n

Ready to race!
Hmm, You wont be able to see the gateway without actually putting your head near the pedals. its behind the steering wheel. but if you have the radar then you will have to tap into the gateway pins. because there will already be a wire there.

I have the front assist radar , not an adaptive cruse control , only front assist ,
according to instrucions yea i have to T connected into the already connected cables..

So back to the car:D

EDIT: THanks for the photo!

Last edited: