GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting DSG to mk7 golf R need wiring diagram

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I got ecu recoded to dsg but getting a code from gearbox 21197 gearbox locked

have you had component protection removed from the cars & DSG ecus ?.....because you have added a DSG with its own ECU when the car is turned on (engine off) the security component protection system talks to the other ecus & if it notices something different it blocks it...

if that is the problem then you can get it removed, a friendly dealer of by getting a certain £100 lead vag tool & using a remote hacking service...as people do for the MIB swaps...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The DSG is part of the immobiliser look up circuit....

has the engine & all the other powertrain ECUs been recoded to accept a DSG gearbox??…

to be honest why are you converting a manual golf R to DSG??...there are plenty secondhand on the market....

Rmh86

Yeah it is component protection because the gearbox is out a donor car I’ve got someone coming to remove it back to new status and also could you please get me the wiring diagram for the gearbox coolant pump it on engine wiring loom thanks

Last edited:

Teamcowie

Car(s)
Golf r
Yeah it is component protection because the gearbox is out a donor car I’ve got someone coming to remove it back to new status and also could you please get me the wiring diagram for the gearbox coolant pump it on engine wiring loom thanks

Hi Rmh86

Did you get your golf running with the dsg ok

Keith

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
I’m retrofitting DSG gearbox to golf r mk7, i done all the mechanical work and fitted the full engine bay wiring loom for the dsg plug but they no plug in car for shift lever so I need to wire it in, as someone got wiring diagram thanks.

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

here is where you get the factory diagram direct form Volkswagen but you have to pay for it