GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting DSG to mk7 golf R need wiring diagram

Rmh86

I’m retrofitting DSG gearbox to golf r mk7, i done all the mechanical work and fitted the full engine bay wiring loom for the dsg plug but they no plug in car for shift lever so I need to wire it in, as someone got wiring diagram thanks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They don’t like giving them out ��

That's unfortunate. My dealer is real good about that stuff. How about an independent shop that specializes in VW's. Or try another dealer if you have any close by.

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
I’m retrofitting DSG gearbox to golf r mk7, i done all the mechanical work and fitted the full engine bay wiring loom for the dsg plug but they no plug in car for shift lever so I need to wire it in, as someone got wiring diagram thanks.
You can pay for 24 hour access to full offical factory diagrams/manuals/repair guides here:

https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/showHome.do

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The ECU will need to be coded to accept the DSG, but otherwise should support it, yes.

Since his dealer won't even let him look at a wiring diagram I'm not so sure they will code his ECU for the DSG.

Rmh86

I done wiring for shifter lever and put battery back on car, I coded DSG on can gateway but having trouble code in the other modules do you need security access codes for coding, need to put rest of interior back together

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I done wiring for shifter lever and put battery back on car, I coded DSG on can gateway but having trouble code in the other modules do you need security access codes for coding, need to put rest of interior back together

VCDS will come up with security codes if known in a help bubble....& there will be several modules you will have to recode for dsg….engine, cangateway, brakes, & I think the several others....& I have wiring diagrams....

Rmh86

I got 12.12 vcds. I do coding and it takes new coding but go back to old coding, that without doing security access because I don’t know the codes.