GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Blind Spot Assist / Side Assist

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Good deal...what's next on the list 😬.
I think I already have a pretty complete list of upgrades, but I'm still missing a few things kkkk. Here is the list of some upgrades I made to the car:
- Park assist 3.0
- Dynaudio digital sound (in progress)
- Retractable rear camera.
- Active Info Display.
- direct tpms.
- blind spot.
- camera lane assist (in progress)

in the last one I installed all the infrastructure, I made an adaptation that was really cool for the camera, but I ended up going through a period that wouldn't let me finish undermining the calibration. should come back in the next few days.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Nice list, I've done all the same on my 2015 TDI as well with a few differences...

- I did PLA2.0 but I just bought a PLA3.0 module, going to see if it works with my ABS
- No Dynaudio for me, but I did just install a D-4.800 DSP/Amp. I did some basic crossover setup on it but not tuned it yet (might not, it sounds good enough to me now, haha)
- Direct TPMS is something I should have done when I had the car taken apart for other stuff 🤦‍♂️ , might do it eventually

Now when are you getting started on DCC?

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Nice list, I've done all the same on my 2015 TDI as well with a few differences...

- I did PLA2.0 but I just bought a PLA3.0 module, going to see if it works with my ABS
- No Dynaudio for me, but I did just install a D-4.800 DSP/Amp. I did some basic crossover setup on it but not tuned it yet (might not, it sounds good enough to me now, haha)
- Direct TPMS is something I should have done when I had the car taken apart for other stuff 🤦‍♂️ , might do it eventually

DCC! I do not understand!

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI

I didn't understand the question!

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
You've done everything else... time to retrofit Dynamic Chassis Control (adaptive dampers), haha.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/dcc-retrofit.378431/

That assumes you don't already have DCC, which you might.
kkk I understand, I don't really have the system in the car. The problem is that here in Brazil, with the appreciation of the Dollar against the real, it turns out that the pieces would cost a fortune to get here in Brazil. But you gave me a good idea for a future upgrade. After installed what do you think? what is the amount you spent to get the final result.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Cuzoe I'm sorry for the question! Hahaha. Is it necessary to change the shock absorbers? for the implementation of the system is it necessary to install large parts, or just sensor cables and modules?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I honestly don't know how much time, but a lot, haha. You need cables, module, accelerometers, level sensors, and shocks/struts... it's probably not worth it, but I love it personally. I drive in comfort 99% of the time, then I can put it in normal/sport for fun driving in the canyons.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I honestly don't know how much time, but a lot, haha. You need cables, module, accelerometers, level sensors, and shocks/struts... it's probably not worth it, but I love it personally. I drive in comfort 99% of the time, then I can put it in normal/sport for fun driving in the canyons.
I also really like and make changes! out of curiosity you have the part numbers of the parts used in this upgrade. I will evaluate.

jamstonmartames

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5
Hi

Just thought I'd share the coding required for Blind Spot Monitor / Side Assist. It's a UK car with RHD but that will only affect your BSM 3C Module.

ADD 3C
So Add 3C in the gateway (top right pencil sign on OBDEleven) when your plumbed into the Black T17 by the left door a pillar. DO NOT jump straight into the CAN + and CAN - without triple checking like I did. There are 4 CAN's across the top and with sod's law, I obviously picked the wrong two to begin with. These are also the same two can points you'll need for Direct TPMS too.

Configure 3C
One of the easier ones. You need to stipulate whether if you have the all singing park system or not, whether it's RHD/LHD, the frequency of the radars (NA or Europe or Asia or Aus? 4 frequencies so I guessed?), MQB plaftorm if it's a golf and whether you have trailer assist.

17 Dashboard
Add Blind Spot Detection

5F Infotainment
So OBDEleven has the descriptions reversed to enable this feature. DON'T ASK! Pain that's all I'll say.
Add in all the Lane Assist functions in 5F->Adaptations->Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen 2. ->Add Lane Assistant . NB. They are not lane assist I promise you. Lane departure ironically is the lane departure functions.
Add in 5F->Adaptations -> Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 -> SWA 0X1A = Activated

3 Brakes / ABS The trickiest part by a mile especially if you're doing it in a dual install with TPMS. You're only concerned with 4 bytes in the chain
26 = 50 for multi link suspension (4X4 Haldex)
27 = 08 This is a result of both adding and removing bits for TPMS and BSM
28 = 42 This is a result of both adding and removing bits for TPMS and BSM
29 = Enable Bit 7 BSM specific option
0​
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​