GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Blind Spot Assist / Side Assist

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Guys, something very strange is happening, I did the installation of modules, cables and mirrors correctly, when I went to code with VCDS, I noticed that the main module did not have the parameters, so I went in with odis engineering and saw that the 3C module was showing the message : 3C - Lane Change Assistant ( coded > Actual Installation not detected ) and where it shows the Can Network number, it says BUSMASTER 0. I contacted the seller and he sent me the file with the parameters for installation in the module, I did the installation of the file in the module, but the problem still remains, the only Can network that the module is recognized is the Can 4 network! The module is not recognized on the Can 5 Network. The thing that I found strangest is that the information of the network name is ( Busmaster 0 ), similar to the description of the Gateway ( Busmaster 1 ).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That is weird, although I've never actually seen any of the Busmaster designations, never used ODIS. My uninformed and probably too simple interpretation of the 3C - Lane Change Assistant ( coded > Actual Installation not detected ) message is that the module hasn't been registered into the Gateway installation list.

Another curiosity... are your modules out of a Tiguan? These are both MQB so I would assume (but don't know that) BSM would still be on CAN 5. Assuming it is, and that the 5QD modules will work... exactly where and which pins are you connected for CAN.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
That is weird, although I've never actually seen any of the Busmaster designations, never used ODIS. My uninformed and probably too simple interpretation of the 3C - Lane Change Assistant ( coded > Actual Installation not detected ) message is that the module hasn't been registered into the Gateway installation list.

Another curiosity... are your modules out of a Tiguan? These are both MQB so I would assume (but don't know that) BSM would still be on CAN 5. Assuming it is, and that the 5QD modules will work... exactly where and which pins are you connected for CAN.
Hello Cuzoe, I was really confused by what's happening, I've tried to install the module on Can 5 at different points, on TIUL and on the Gatetway extender (purchased on Aliexpress), but nowhere does it connect to the network, I can only connection on Can 4, where I can (see) the modules. The modules are for the Golf 7 itself.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That is really weird... I still have to think it's the modules. Another quick and dumb question... have you tried plugging in each module to the other connector on the harness (switching them)?

They have the same plug but pin 3/4 on 1087 should go to the mirrors while 3/4 on 1086 goes to the Gateway. I wouldn't think plugging them in switched would damage anything, but I imagine 1087 doesn't know how to "behave" on the main CAN. That might also explain the installation not detected message.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
That is really weird... I still have to think it's the modules. Another quick and dumb question... have you tried plugging in each module to the other connector on the harness (switching them)?

They have the same plug but pin 3/4 on 1087 should go to the mirrors while 3/4 on 1086 goes to the Gateway. I wouldn't think plugging them in switched would damage anything, but I imagine 1087 doesn't know how to "behave" on the main CAN. That might also explain the installation not detected message.
I tested point to point and voltage level and the connection was perfect, the problem was a coding in Odis Engenharia that did not let the 3C module be recognized by Can 5.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Good night from Brazil guys, good news, I managed to make the Master and Slave module recognized in Can 5 and without the Busmaster 0 message. Do any of you have the long coding of the 3C module, which you can make available.

Attachments

• 20211015_155447.jpg
    20211015_155447.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 195
  • 20211015_155616.jpg
    20211015_155616.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 201
  • 20211015_155638.jpg
    20211015_155638.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 193

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I would like to thank everyone for their support, especially Cuzoe for his efforts to help, but I still have the problem, check all the connections and power and signal connections of the Can network (nothing wrong was found); I checked all the parameters of module 19, 5F and 3C, and checked with the encoding and adaptations sent by Cuzoe, and it was the same; redid the coding again using the Xagico guide; and finally reinstalled the parameterization of the master module 5QD 907 686A sent by the seller, but I still have a problem. I get this glitch in both Odis engineer and VCDS. I came to some conclusions: the entire encoding is accepted and works only until I turn off the ignition, after that it presents this image failure. I turned on the power on fuse F32 that is in the key pos, and this is correct by the manual. another thing that left me with doubt, the parameterization files sent by the seller is for the 5Q0 907686 C Module and my module is the 5QD907686A, will there be any incompatibility? I wanted to know where I can get the compatible parameterization file for my module. thanks.

Attachments

• 20211019_115520.jpg
    20211019_115520.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 154
  • 20211019_121030.jpg
    20211019_121030.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 157

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
My understanding is that the *686B and *686C modules were interchangeable. Which I took to mean that "A" would not be.
I do not know this for a fact, though.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
You should really be getting the seller to send you working modules. When I ordered mine they came parameterised and were pretty much plug and play (coding in other modules aside).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I was looking other day, after noticing you have 5QD modules. I found another scan, for a retrofit, where 5QD modules were installed (on an Mk7.5, though I'm not sure it matters). Their scan shows 5QD 907 685/686 modules with no suffix. Their software is 5Q0 907 685/6 C though. So it seems you were sent the right software. But as you suspect it may not be compatible with your "A" modules.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Good afternoon guys, thank God, I managed to make the system work from the blind spot, the problem was what I'm suspecting, the firmware version was different from the parameterization version, my Firmware version was ( A ) and the parameterization version was ( C ), so it was necessary to update the firmware of the 5QD907686A module. I downloaded the Update to 5Q0907686C and installed another parameter package. Everything worked normally. I thank everyone!