GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit SatNav Antenna (& SD card query) Recommendations

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
That's Steven-Strange !
Did you check the SWaP/Fec codes from "available" list if they all are also inside "installed codes" list ? Maybe one of them is missing.
It all looks to be coding problem then. Join the VAG-MIB2 group on Telegram and search the group chat. If no results then ask there.
So, the Valid codes are:
  • 00030000 - MMI USB enable
  • 00040100 - Navigation
  • 00050000 - Bluetooth
  • 00060100 - Vehicle Data Interface
  • 00060200 -
  • 00060300 - MirrorLink
  • 00060400 - Sport HMI
  • 00060800 - CarPlay
  • 00060900 - Android Auto
  • 00070200 - SDS for Nav (?? Is this traffic?)
  • 00070400 - Electronic Voice Amplifier
  • 09400008 - EU MIB2 Navigation Activation (probably locks maps to EU)
I agree, it’s coding - why else would it display the compass or street name when Apple Maps is working and actively navigating? It’s very odd! Do you know the exact name of the Telegram group and I’ll join that today?

Really want to get to the bottom of this - for the satisfaction of doing so, if nothing else!

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Does anyone know what the impedance is on the OEM VW Sat Nav antenna?

I bought one from Amazon which was supposedly compatible but on closer inspection, it doesn't seem to explicitly state the MIB system on the listing:

1624189843889.png

The behaviour I now see is the MFD says "No GPS Signal" but it will display compass & street name/road number info if Apple Maps is working, which leads me to believe that the "Open GPS Antenna Circuit" being reported by the 5F is intercepting the request for data from the dash and causing the error I get by the clocks.

The antenna pics up more than 10 satellites when the on-board Nav is engaged and, save for one weird episode yesterday (where the position was several degrees out until I rebooted the MIB) it tracks the car perfectly. However, the MIB must be detecting higher resistance than it wants to be before it's throwing the fault so before I spring for a genuine one (and then try and figure out where I'm going to stick it).

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone know what the impedance is on the OEM VW Sat Nav antenna?

I bought one from Amazon which was supposedly compatible but on closer inspection, it doesn't seem to explicitly state the MIB system on the listing:

View attachment 217180

The behaviour I now see is the MFD says "No GPS Signal" but it will display compass & street name/road number info if Apple Maps is working, which leads me to believe that the "Open GPS Antenna Circuit" being reported by the 5F is intercepting the request for data from the dash and causing the error I get by the clocks.

The antenna pics up more than 10 satellites when the on-board Nav is engaged and, save for one weird episode yesterday (where the position was several degrees out until I rebooted the MIB) it tracks the car perfectly. However, the MIB must be detecting higher resistance than it wants to be before it's throwing the fault so before I spring for a genuine one (and then try and figure out where I'm going to stick it).
This may not help you, and in fact it may make matters more complicated.....

Checked some old auto scans and I have a recurring open circuit fault too, but my nav is working fine with and without my phone. I always have the maps open on the AID.

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
This may not help you, and in fact it may make matters more complicated.....

Checked some old auto scans and I have a recurring open circuit fault too, but my nav is working fine with and without my phone. I always have the maps open on the AID.
Hahaha. Well, it does and it doesn’t - but it opens up other areas for investigation.

What version of MIB are you using, did you tell me you’ve got a 2.5 now?

I’m also having an issue with CarPlay disconnecting randomly. This may be my iPhone’s fault - I’ve noticed it getting warm when it’s connected sometimes and it’s either because I’m using Siri to send messages or because it’s doing app updates over 4G (never notice the damn thing doing this during the night when it’s charging and on WiFi… 😒) So it may be the OS killing CarPlay to help throttle the CPU and cool off or it could be totally unrelated..

I’m wondering if this could be a software issue. My old MIB1 had a recurring fault with the fibre-optics which I’d get on the occasional OBD11 scan. That’s gone since my MIB2 went in (same Fibre Optic cable, same MOST connection to the same Dynaudio amp) so it must have been software - could this be the same thing?

I think I’m running version 0751 - I don’t pretend to be 100% sure what number refers to what software component when I’m looking at the Software Update menu.

E297737A-F45C-4ED5-8B5B-F842D6D6F059.jpeg

6DC60384-91AE-4849-81CC-08DEBBBCBEFA.jpeg

Don’t suppose you know any bugs associated with that version? I might do some digging this afternoon to see what I can come up with.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hahaha. Well, it does and it doesn’t - but it opens up other areas for investigation.

What version of MIB are you using, did you tell me you’ve got a 2.5 now?

I’m also having an issue with CarPlay disconnecting randomly. This may be my iPhone’s fault - I’ve noticed it getting warm when it’s connected sometimes and it’s either because I’m using Siri to send messages or because it’s doing app updates over 4G (never notice the damn thing doing this during the night when it’s charging and on WiFi… 😒) So it may be the OS killing CarPlay to help throttle the CPU and cool off or it could be totally unrelated..

I’m wondering if this could be a software issue. My old MIB1 had a recurring fault with the fibre-optics which I’d get on the occasional OBD11 scan. That’s gone since my MIB2 went in (same Fibre Optic cable, same MOST connection to the same Dynaudio amp) so it must have been software - could this be the same thing?

I think I’m running version 0751 - I don’t pretend to be 100% sure what number refers to what software component when I’m looking at the Software Update menu.

View attachment 217194
View attachment 217195

Don’t suppose you know any bugs associated with that version? I might do some digging this afternoon to see what I can come up with.
I am using a 2.5, yeah. Can't help with software versions I'm afraid!