GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit of facelift BCM into pre-facelift Mk7 (in progress, please help 😬)

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
So, I started the rgb lights. Don’t know if I got shitty lights or something else. Do your lights freak out when you adjust the brightness in the mib?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
They do not, smooth from full bright all the way down to off. There are a few adaptations that have to do with "soft" color change, speed of color change and maybe dimming. I'll have to look after work and post.

CarloP

Below I publish my map of adaptations of my 084 DD mounted on Golf 7. The coding map was the result of days and days of work, I hope it can help someone!

The only thing that doesn't work is the washer fluid pump. The pump does not start while with other BCMs it works regularly.

Now I'm trying to finish installing the RGB kit inside the handles. One position works while the other doesn't, which are the leds with code 8W0 947 355 C/D/E/F. (See photo, I indicated the led with the arrow) 😩 😩

PS. I only used original Audi leds, clones don't work. I enclose led spare part codes for the 4 doors.
IMG_2318.jpg

Attachments

• adpmap-09-5Q0-937-084-DD_WVWZZZAUZGP112985-20221204-1842 ULTIMA (CON Led RGB).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • E7C04609-8828-4F6B-8DD6-AAD7805579A2.jpeg
    E7C04609-8828-4F6B-8DD6-AAD7805579A2.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DB1787B3-7B4C-4111-B7E4-B81CB904718E.jpeg
    DB1787B3-7B4C-4111-B7E4-B81CB904718E.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2023-01-27 alle 12.56.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-27 alle 12.56.51.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
You're making me want to try and see if I can change mine over to green on my R... quit making me spend money. :D

CarloP

I solved the mystery!

I set the two adaptations to "door": pa_lichtfunktion_gruppe_2 / gruppe_3
IMG_2522.jpg

Ambient light completed on the front, in the next few days I will finish the rear and after making sure that all the leds work I will publish the updated map of the adaptations. 😄😄

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

Only the damn error of the washer pump remains 😭😩

IMG_2526.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So which lights are part of which group? I know their assignment is door... but that of course just determines which "sun" will adjust them.

8W0 947 355 C - gruppe_?
8W0 947 355 D - gruppe_?
8W0 947 355 E - gruppe_?
8W0 947 355 F - gruppe_?

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Are you trying to have RGB lights or just green?
Just green but then I'd have to change the cluster needles to green as well. Not sure I want to go that far yet but it has been a thought in the back of my mind.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Just green but then I'd have to change the cluster needles to green as well. Not sure I want to go that far yet but it has been a thought in the back of my mind.
Honestly, I suspect going to just green is a pretty difficult path. You'll have to replace the single color LEDs you have now with green ones. Tedious but might not be too bad if you're handy with soldering PC boards and can find the right LEDs.

Going full RGB is a journey no matter what and will require retrofit of a facelift BCM if your R is a 7 and not a 7.5.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@CarloP I was thinking of a different adaptation, the one for the washer fluid level. I don't recall there being an adaptation for the pump, as every car will have this standard. Since it works with your old BCM my guess is a problem with your new one, unless one of the wires was damaged when replacing it.

Here's the wiring diagram for it, V5 is the motor/pump. Just have to check pin 7 and 8 on plug B.
1674890144993.png

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@Cuzoe : Hi.
I'm probably misreading your post - but there are a bunch of adaptation channels related to the windshield washer pump in the BCM ; they are mixed-in with other channels under the parent name "Front_wiper" (some channels use the German word Frontwischer):

So, to add to your excellent suggestion related to checking the physical wiring/connections, I wonder whether there might be a coding problem here - I'm guessing of course?

There are 2 x versions of front washer pumps used in these cars and they are defined in the channel:
  • ENG141682-ENG141966-Front_wiper-Frontwischertyp
The permissible values for this channel are "direct" and "LIN". OP's admap confirms that the value in his/her new BCM is the latter.

However, if I'm reading your wiring diagram correctly, the simple circuit arrangement suggests that the pump is directly wired into the BCM socket - I think! Because it's an easy try and if the physical wiring checks are OK - maybe flip the channel setting?

The other way to check my hypothesis is to look at the value of Byte 13, Bit 0 on the old BCM - if this Bit was set, then the appropriate value of the adaptation channel above in the new BCM is "Direct"

Don

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@DV52 good catch. I think in my mind I just assumed all of those referred to the fancy front headlight washers 🤦🏿‍♂️.

Bite 13. Bit zero is not set in my prefacelift BCM coding (which was honestly a pain to screenshot for the first page of this thread, lol). Now when you said "OP" I don't actually know if you were talking about me, as I did start this thread, or @CarloP. But either way, my facelift BCM has this set as LIN and I don't recall touching it, guess I got lucky 🤣.

Although that doesn't make a lot of sense to me as there only two wires going to it, if the schematic is to be trusted. I'm used to seeing power, ground, and LIN.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@DV52
Although that doesn't make a lot of sense to me as there only two wires going to it, if the schematic is to be trusted. I'm used to seeing power, ground, and LIN.
@Cuzoe: EXACTLY my point!!!

As you will already know - LIN means "Local Interconnect Network" and the LIN bus system is a single-wire communications bus.

Normally on the RoW model cars in my world (not sure about your "Yankee" models), the LIN wire has the basic colour - violet. All this is very different from your picture!!

Guess it's a mystery that we will never solve - up there with the meaning of life (the answer for which isn't "42")! ;)

Don

CarloP

Below you will find the complete map of adaptations with multicolored RGB LEDs installed and working, both at the front and at the rear (see photo).

RGB.jpeg

As for the washer pump.. I have tried changing every single adaptation but it doesn't work ☹️

Attachments

• adpmap-09-5Q0-937-084-DD_WVWZZZAUZGP112985-20230201-1615-ULTIMA-_Kit-Led-COMPLETATO_.pdf
    369.3 KB · Views: 45

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I suspect it should just be the one adaptation... as mentioned by DV52. If it works with the old BCM we should assume the wiring is good, which would suggest a BCM problem.

On a different note... any progress on the areaview cameras in the mirrors? :LOL: