GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit of facelift BCM into pre-facelift Mk7 (in progress, please help 😬)

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Before i change it, i did change the radio channel. The fob didnt work if it was set to anything other than 315. Im guessing that 084DD doesnt have an antenna. It uses the kessy antennas. That and the 085CC has a FCC warning on it that the 084DD doesnt.

Im shipping your bench setup out on sunday. Ill DM you the tracking info.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Interesting... So adaptation works, but maybe a regulatory issue. Easiest thing to do, remove the antenna. I shipped my old BCM to someone over on Ross Tech, otherwise I'd crack it open, haha

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Your ambient lights, did you get oem vw lights, or aliexpress lights.

I really don't want to spend hundreds on oem lights. Do the aliexpress lights look decent?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Just figured out today heated seats wont work with the 085CC admap i posted. Ill post the corrections later today.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I bought this kit, 20 light version...
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq5W4uu

It has more lights then I'll use. They appear to be OEM, or good clones anyway, with the right part numbers and all that... And they respond to the same LIN address as what I found online for each part number so that part is good too.

Full harnesses which I might not use in their entirety. Plugs for each light though which I will definitely use and it has the right pins to go through the door disconnect which I will also use.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Finally getting around to the ambient lights. Gonna be a pain in the ass. I have to change the seat connectors to the later golf ones.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I didn't touch the seat connectors for my original single color footwell lights or for RGB Ambient. I just ran the harness along the door sill with the seat harness and then up to the seat. Nothing can fit under the seats anyway so there's not a risk of anything getting caught.

There's also no chance that anybody besides me will be removing my front seats so I'm not worried that someone will forget to disconnect the footwell light and rip the thing out. I take out all four bolts, lean the seat back and disconnect the harnesses under the floor and the one at the footwell light.

The cleaner way to do it would be to have a harness coming from the light, that doesn't ever get removed from the seat, that runs down to the disconnect with all the other seat connectors. I suppose I could do it that way since I have plenty of open spots in the seat connectors. But I don't think it's worth the trouble.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Im doing it to clean it up. I already have a connector for the canbus going to the seat module.

As an aside, the 2q0 E module wont with MQB cars. And the A modules dont have the brightness slider. Gonna try an update them to C

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Gotcha... and you're talking 2Q0 rear radars right? That brightness slider was the thing that interested me even though I can't imagine myself ever setting it to anything other than full bright.

I still haven't installed the NAR spec BCM, just been driving the Corolla. This is her good side... 😂.
PXL_20221012_235334631.MP.jpg

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Ya the 2q0. Turns out you can't update A to C. Or if you can I did it wrong. Bricked.

I have 5q0 radars if you want then. I gotta start clearing out old parts, starting to get out of hand.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have 5Q0 rear radars retrofitted and working, blind spot and rear cross traffic... I was considering the 2Q0 if you got them to work (with additional features). I'm probably too lazy to change them just for increased sensitivity. Those upper rear bumper clips are annoying.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I broke a couple the last time i took the bumper off. Gonna break some more taking it off again.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
My rgb lights came, not looking forward to the wiring for the doors. Not sure how the front door panel lights get changed.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My rgb lights came, not looking forward to the wiring for the doors. Not sure how the front door panel lights get changed.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/rgb-ambient-lighting-for-mk7-and-mk7-5.381507/

You can ignore everything about wiring from the post but it's a great reference for the physical installation. Through the doors you only need 3 wires (power/ground/LIN).
Technically you could get away with just LIN if you wanted to pick up power/ground in the door somewhere, but I wouldn't do it that way. Three wires is no more difficult than one wire at the door disconnect.

Did you get the full kit with wiring from Ali or just individual LEDs? The kit I got from Ali (with wiring) had the right door pins for car and door side. The harnesses are quite long (typical) but they breakout pretty nicely.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/rgb-ambient-lighting-for-mk7-and-mk7-5.381507/

You can ignore everything about wiring from the post but it's a great reference for the physical installation. Through the doors you only need 3 wires (power/ground/LIN).
Technically you could get away with just LIN if you wanted to pick up power/ground in the door somewhere, but I wouldn't do it that way. Three wires is no more difficult than one wire at the door disconnect.

Did you get the full kit with wiring from Ali or just individual LEDs? The kit I got from Ali (with wiring) had the right door pins for car and door side. The harnesses are quite long (typical) but they breakout pretty nicely.
I got a kit with wiring harness, 4 footwells, 5 light strip lights. I'll do door cubby, radio cubby and cup holder peice meal.