GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit of facelift BCM into pre-facelift Mk7 (in progress, please help 😬)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I was thinking my bcm was bad. So if yours is doing it to its not a hardware problem. There has to be a channel we are missing.
Yeah, I'll have to look through again.
I just hope it will work. But I have a feeling it won't. The dd bcm is from a kessy car. Maybe it relies on the kessy antennas for the remote lock/unlock.
That's possible, but doesn't explain the issue I had with my pre-facelift BCM upgrade. That was an upgrade to the BCM called out for my car in ETKA. I had the dealer look it up, order it, and replace it. I guess this problem is not exactly the same, but it's pretty similar.

I've been through line by line in odis and vcds. I don't see anything related to it. Unless the channel name is something weird or not obvious
I'm thinking that's it. Did KESSY become standard at some point? Generally VW only stocks "high" modules as replacements. I wonder if this DD module is the spec'ed replacement for any lower line modules, and if those cars all have KESSY.

I guess we could look at BCM 5Q0937087BA, after wasting all this time/money already :cautious:.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Yeah, I'll have to look through again.

That's possible, but doesn't explain the issue I had with my pre-facelift BCM upgrade. That was an upgrade to the BCM called out for my car in ETKA. I had the dealer look it up, order it, and replace it. I guess this problem is not exactly the same, but it's pretty similar.

I'm thinking that's it. Did KESSY become standard at some point? Generally VW only stocks "high" modules as replacements. I wonder if this DD module is the spec'ed replacement for any lower line modules, and if those cars all have KESSY.

I guess we could look at BCM 5Q0937087BA, after wasting all this time/money already :cautious:.
Aliexpress kits that include a BCM come with 5K0937086BR

I dont think 087BA has pin c29

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Aliexpress kits that include a BCM come with 5K0937086BR

I dont think 087BA has pin c29
Ohhh, no C29 makes it a no-go for me, that's my favorite pin :LOL:.

So the key (pun intending, and assuming the worst) is to find a highline facelift BCM that is also specced for cars without KESSY. So a 2018 GTI S, then look at ETKA for the replacement BCM PN.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Ive been searching drive2.com for 084DD retrofits. Looking at the pictures for the start/stop button. Havent found a good picture yet.

Acording to the etka listings for 433 mhz bcms they only listed as working for 433 and 434. 315mhz bcms are listed seperatly. ive only checked audis with ambient lighting and there where no listings for 315mhz bcms

5Q0937085CC is a facelifted bcm for 315mhz. but i cant really make out if it has the c29 pin

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
5Q0 937 085 CG is a 315mhz, has c29
but its for a 2021 jetta.
you think that would work? same form factor

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's also interesting though not encouraging. When I was asking the retrofit guys about which BCM I should get they recommended DD. My response... I need a 315 Mhz BCM to match my keys. Their response... You can change that in adaptations. Turns out you can change it, but maybe it doesn't really do anything 🤷‍♂️.

So the question now... Buy and try 5Q0937085CC BCM or just buy 415Mhz keys on AliExpress or one of these EU sites?

Inspector mode...
Ebay Module here... https://www.ebay.com/itm/204046131351
Ebay Snip.JPG

And picture from my pre-facelift BCM high, when I was investigating...
1663713993815.png

Looks like 5Q0937085CC has C29... the pictures are set of 3 pins, 27, 28 and 29.

Edit: My remote has 4 buttons, but I've never pressed the panic one so I'm not fussed about losing it.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
maybe look for ENG141651-ENG141957-ZV allgemein-Radio freq.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
i dont think you can do keys like that with vw. there is a 085CG for sale for under 100 on ebay. thats not that big a gamble

the 085CG has the same markings BCM PQ37H as the CC. It also has a FCC compliance statement on it. The DD from what i can see does not have a FCC compliance statement

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
We're not having a problem finding the adaptation. The question is whether or not it does anything.
It stands to reason it should, but our experience of key working within inches of the BCM suggests something is awry.

Snip from my current BCM 5Q0-937-084 DD adaptation map... I set this to 315 Mhz while it was on the bench.
1663715388225.png

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Change it to 315mhz. 084DD according to ETKA only supports 433,434mhz

315mhz and 433mhz bcms are listed seperatly in etka

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
i dont think you can do keys like that with vw. there is a 085CG for sale for under 100 on ebay. thats not that big a gamble

the 085CG has the same markings BCM PQ37H as the CC. It also has a FCC compliance statement on it. The DD from what i can see does not have a FCC compliance statement
Are you buying it or am I, haha? I assume you mean this listing with the cracked case... not that it should matter match unless it's deep, haha. Rear case can be swapped quite easily.

I don't have a way to take care of CP/pair keys and all that... and you have the bench harness...

How about this... if you want to buy it for science I'll split the cost with you. If it works you can refund the split. Then I'll find one on eBay at some point in the future.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Damn, i didnt see that crack.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Ill get it, but might be a week or three. i rented out my vas5054 for the last time.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh yeah... Saw your thread about that... sucks. I suppose I could send mine. There's no reason that I need to flash an experimental Gateway data set every morning before driving to work 🫣.

I did order a Gen 2.5 soundaktor though. Once that comes in I'll need the VAS back so that I can flash the Lamborghini Urus file 😂.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
i have another vas5054, i had already promised some?one before the other one grew legs. i felt bad about going back on that. he shouldnt have it long.

does it really make a difference though, the gen 2.5 soundaktor? im all for wasting money on a car, but that, even to me sounds ...