GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit of facelift BCM into pre-facelift Mk7 (in progress, please help 😬)

Toluxo

Car(s)
Golf MK7
@Toluxo First try this... 19 - Gateway > Long Coding Helper (select "Yes" to use experimental) > FPA_Funktion_AMB needs to be checked... Byte 11 Bit 7

Everything looks okay in your BCM ad-map I think. The only thing I saw that was different from mine is
IDE09732-ENG133385-Interior light: light configuration-Frei_Farbwahl_ueber_HMI... You have "active" where I have "not active"
... the translation of this doesn't make much sense to me but I would change it, if only because my AID/Dash colors change and yours don't.
*** I would only worry about this BCM adaptation if changing the gateway long coding does not work ***
I made a spreadsheet comparing the information for each channel from 2 bcm´s, i´m trying to identify the channel reason why the remote won't close the doors, I have colored some channels, but I'm not sure which ones I should change the value to fix the problem.

Attachments

• adpmap-09-5Q0-937-085-CF_3VWFA7AU3G-20230209-1928.xlsx VS AN.zip
    116.9 KB · Views: 37

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@Toluxo: Hi - my hunch (guess really) is that the value on the (OCU) Onboard Communication Unit is too small. Try changing
  • ENG124714-ENG133392-OCU-Remote Lock Unlock Timer s3 > 2000ms
Don

Toluxo

Car(s)
Golf MK7
AdMaps Must be Taken With VCDS

I want to share with you this spreadsheet to compare channels of 2 Different Controllers. I believe that it can be improved.

How does it work:
In the Sheet (Original BCM) the 3 Columns of the AdMap of the Original Factory BCM will be placed (Columns E to G), Press Shift-Ctrl-O to Sort the Channels
In the Sheet (Replaced BCM) will be placed the 3 Columns of the AdMap of the New BCM installed (Columns E to G) Press Shift-Ctrl-R to Sort the Channels
The (Comparision Sheet) shows the Channel Comparison Result (Both Controllers)
The Channels are numbered and it shows you which ones match, it shows you the Channel Position in the Original Unit and the one that was Replaced.
Channels that do not exist in Controllers have a black Square in the cell where the numbers are placed.
Please try and comment

A New Spreadsheet is Shared, Fix some errors and a New Sheet was Added where Channels Matching are Refined

Greetings

Attachments

• AdMaps Comparision Channels V2.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Toluxo

Car(s)
Golf MK7
@Toluxo: Hi - my hunch (guess really) is that the value on the (OCU) Onboard Communication Unit is too small. Try changing
  • ENG124714-ENG133392-OCU-Remote Lock Unlock Timer s3 > 2000ms
Don
Can you test my comparison spreadsheet? It has information on the Original BCM's and the upgraded one. Thank you

Last edited:

Toluxo

Car(s)
Golf MK7
I belive my problem is:
FOB´s are 315Mhz
BCM Specs:
5D1Carrier frequency 433.92 MHz-434.42 Mhz
GP1Vehicles with special upgrade measures
5D8Carrier frequency 433.92 MHz

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh, yes if your FOBs and BCM are not the same frequency the remotes won't work.

More info... yes the BCM has an adaptation channel to set the frequency. And it does change the frequency of the receiver in the BCM. But the problem is that antennas for those frequencies are different lengths and the antenna (of course) doesn't change with the adaptation. This was discovered by @xabhax after we both had a similar problem with our facelift BCM's retrofits. He found that holding the key right beside the BCM (like within a few inches) worked, which turned out to be the same for me.

Also of note: This is the first line in the
first post of this thread :LOL:.

Toluxo

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Oh, yes if your FOBs and BCM are not the same frequency the remotes won't work.

More info... yes the BCM has an adaptation channel to set the frequency. And it does change the frequency of the receiver in the BCM. But the problem is that antennas for those frequencies are different lengths and the antenna (of course) doesn't change with the adaptation. This was discovered by @xabhax after we both had a similar problem with our facelift BCM's retrofits. He found that holding the key right beside the BCM (like within a few inches) worked, which turned out to be the same for me.

Also of note: This is the first line in the
first post of this thread:LOL:.
I already made that modification, (changed to 315Mhz), the curious thing about this is that the remote control opens the doors, the trunk, the panic button works, closes the mirrors and windows, opens the mirrors and windows, turns the car on and off. but does not lock the car doors, of course alarm can´t be activated, but can be deactivated and the horn sound when unlock button was pressing

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I already made that modification, (changed to 315Mhz), the curious thing about this is that the remote control opens the doors, the trunk, the panic button works, closes the mirrors and windows, opens the mirrors and windows, turns the car on and off. but does not lock the car doors, of course alarm can´t be activated, but can be deactivated and the horn sound when unlock button was pressing
If your BCM spec is 433Mhz and but your key fob is 315Mhz you have a problem. I know the adaptation can be changed... that does not change the physical antenna in the BCM.

Within a certain range the fob will work because the adaptation does change the receiver (in the BCM) frequency but because the antenna is incorrect the range is limited and your fob will not work reliably.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Can you test my comparison spreadsheet? It has information on the Original BCM's and the upgraded one. Thank you
Yes, look HERE (I've organized the channel listings with those that have non-equal settings first - because these channels will be the focus of your BCM alignment exercise)
Don

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yes, look HERE (I've organized the channel listings with those that have non-equal settings first - because these channels will be the focus of your BCM alignment exercise)
Don
Thank you... my eyes were watering looking at the other comparison :LOL:. No offense @Toluxo, but @DV52 has nothing better to do than make these nice BCM compares for us ;).

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
................ @DV52 has nothing better to do than make these nice BCM compares for us ;).
@Cuzoe: Ain't nothing so dedicated in my creation of these BCM-compare spreadsheets.

As long as the input files for the OLD/NEW BCMs are in the correct format (i.e. raw VCDS style admap with .CSV file extension) these spreadsheets take very little time to make - thanks to the handy-dandy MS macro facility in MS Excel/Access!

Don

KalebGlz

Car(s)
Golf Mk7
After change this channel i have fob working, but now the wipers and the turn signals doesn't works

Attachments

• 1676517074520.png
    1676517074520.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 37

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm going to assume that @Toluxo is now posting as @KalebGlz... Your steering column switch(es) (which I take to mean the stalks on either side) are probably CAN bus and not LIN. Having selected a different bus those stalks are no longer "talking" to the BCM. I also don't expect this would have anything to do with your FOBs. I would revert that change.

This would be my plan of attack, if I were in your situation:
  1. Go through the BCM compare that @DV52 posted and make your new BCM match the old one.
  2. Clear faults and cycle ignition.
  3. Clear faults again.
  4. Autoscan and BCM ad-map (post those here)
  5. Test the function(s) you're still having issues with and post those along with the autoscan and ad-map.

I don't have KESSY so my scan is not likely to help you. And so I'm also making (somewhat) educated suggestions about what to change...
But these three adaptations look like ones you would want to match in your new BCM.
IDE11944-ENG116626-Keyless access and start authorization-Oeffnung Heckdeckel bei Wiederentriegelung
IDE11944-ENG116655-Keyless access and start authorization-Kessy Komfortbedienung Reichweitenbegrenzung
IDE11944-ENG142014-Keyless access and start authorization-Elektische_Lenkradverriegelung
That second one translates (via Google) to "Comfort operation range limitation," not active on your old BCM but active on your new.