GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit multi-function steering wheel [H-E-L-P]

Stavrosqq

OverEdge Photography
Car(s)
MK7 TDI
• Hello, my car doesn't have a multi-function steering wheel and i am trying to figure out the parts that i need in order to accomplish it.
• Can someone give me some tips? Till now the only thing i know is that i need buttons & a control module but i don't know the excact part number and what else i might need.
• Beneath there is a photo of my interior as it is right now!
• Thanks in advance :geek:

AWD4416

Ready to race!
At the very lest, post your model and year. I'm assuming MK7? I'm actually in the process of replacing the standard 2019 GTI buttons to the ACC button set. There are a few variations of buttons and steering wheel combinations depending on what your golf has (i.e. ACC or not). Ultimately you will need VCDS/OBDEleven to let module 19 know there is a multi function steering wheel.

I would start by looking to see if your wheel even has the required wiring installed. There are a few shop manuals floating about here or the vwvortex.

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
chances are you also have a LOW gateway which cannot handle the MFSW. need at least MID gateway (eventually upgrade to HIGH).

if you cannot scan your car with a cable you'll need to read the gateway label to find out.