GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit ambient lighting problems

Luismp

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 TDI 2019
My golf 7 is the facelift version and I changed the door covers for the golf 7R to install ambient light in my Golf. Even the wires and installation I did as if it were from the factory. What happens is that I'm having problems getting it to work, I've seen the light parameters, I already have the menu to adjust the intensity but it doesn't do anything. I just did the test and only the passenger door lights up but then it doesn't turn off anymore. The driver's door just turns on a light on the handle and does nothing else. So far I've only activated the door modules and the information that is available on the net is what I've followed but I think there is some step left to get it working correctly or unfortunately what I have in the car is incompatible with ambient light and I'll have to change it more parts.
I also need help with the steps to do the coding to see if I didn't forget something

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
You connected to ambient lights to the right pin of the door control module? Which door control module do you have?
Could you upload an admap of module 09?
It's hard to troubleshoot without an admap, autoscan and your wiring tbh. Could you provide that?

dvw.r

Luismp

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 TDI 2019
The wires are all like the originals, I took them from a wiring harness from a golf 7 gti. From what I could see I think my BCM is not compatible with ambient light. Mine is a 5Q0937084CD which by ETKA should be a basic one. The port modules are 5Q4959393B which I think will be compatible.

CarloP

The wires are all like the originals, I took them from a wiring harness from a golf 7 gti. From what I could see I think my BCM is not compatible with ambient light. Mine is a 5Q0937084CD which by ETKA should be a basic one. The port modules are 5Q4959393B which I think will be compatible.
This unit (5Q4959393B) is not compatible. You need the version that ends with 593. Probably the control unit on the passenger side is compatible, since you have the right side mirror fold down while you are parking.