GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete

Black_Mk7.5

I want to be able to hear the DSG farts in between shifts. Been watching YouTube videos of resonator delete with stock exhaust and it seems to do the trick. What are your thoughts?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
The 7 speed DSG tends not to fart.... Getting rid of the resonator is also not a good idea.... Anyways, the best way to bring them out with with a downpipe... you are in Florida, so its not problem with emissions....

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I tried a resonator delete.

First of all the ‘19 exhaust must be of a slightly different diameter than the previous years, as the CTS resonator delete pipe came nowhere to mating up to the stock exhaust at the cut. So I had to take it to get it welded up.

Once the delete pipe was welded up, I drove off the exhaust shop lot, made it maybe 1/2 mile before I turned around and asked for the install of a full custom catback, as the delete kit did practically nothing.

Lastly, as mentioned above, the 7sp dsg doesn’t make those sounds like the 6sp.

Black_Mk7.5

The 7 speed DSG tends not to fart.... Getting rid of the resonator is also not a good idea.... Anyways, the best way to bring them out with with a downpipe... you are in Florida, so its not problem with emissions....
Lol yeah honestly Florida is the best. You can do whatever you want to any car. Literally drive around with open headers and not get pulled over

Black_Mk7.5

I tried a resonator delete.

First of all the ‘19 exhaust must be of a slightly different diameter than the previous years, as the CTS resonator delete pipe came nowhere to mating up to the stock exhaust at the cut. So I had to take it to get it welded up.

Once the delete pipe was welded up, I drove off the exhaust shop lot, made it maybe 1/2 mile before I turned around and asked for the install of a full custom catback, as the delete kit did practically nothing.

Lastly, as mentioned above, the 7sp dsg doesn’t make those sounds like the 6sp.
Now I’m starting to think to just go with a cat back if I actually want some noise

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Now I’m starting to think to just go with a cat back if I actually want some noise

Do a catback. As someone who has chopped up and played around with the exhaust in many different ways it would have been easiest to go with a catback. I now have the xforce with a catted DP. Using the non-resonated part and it meets all of my preferences. Not only that you have the option to make it either quiet or loud on the go.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I have a resonator delete, lots of hate go around for res delete, i like it, its not perfect but it is the cheapest option to get a little bit more sound. Does increase drone, but im young and dont really want my car to be extra quite. If i could go back, I would just save the money for a tru catback

Black_Mk7.5

I have a resonator delete, lots of hate go around for res delete, i like it, its not perfect but it is the cheapest option to get a little bit more sound. Does increase drone, but im young and dont really want my car to be extra quite. If i could go back, I would just save the money for a tru catback
I think I’m just gonna send it and do the res delete lol. I’m young too and it’s killing me not having more noise. There’s a shop here that’ll it for around $50. So later on I’ll get an eBay fatback or something I think

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I think I’m just gonna send it and do the res delete lol. I’m young too and it’s killing me not having more noise. There’s a shop here that’ll it for around $50. So later on I’ll get an eBay fatback or something I think
I have a 2019... and did a res delete. It’s was undetectable to the naked ear.

As Vulcan said about I’m someone who has all the stages of the exhaust mods... if you want just sound and will be keeping the stock DP, just get a catback and be done. They sound great with stock DPs, just get pretty over the top with downpipe and high flow cat/no cat