GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resetting oil change & inspection reminder

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
To reset the oil change interval and reminder message, turn car fully off, press and hold the “0.0” button on the gauge cluster below the MFD, turn the car on (but don't crank) and release it. The MFD quickly displays questions of “change inspection interval.” When it asks “reset oil interval” press the “0.0” button. A message confirming the reset pops up. The reminder won’t appear until you’re close to the next service.

The same steps can be followed to reset the inspection interval.

Press the “Car” button on the Infotainment system, the press setup in the lower right. Scroll down and tap on service and you can see the effect of the reset – or the same just to check the current distance/time to service.

Disclaimer: Mine is a USA spec TSI made in Mexico. Since there have been other procedures described elsewhere, I do not know if other countries may be different. This is different from the description in my owners manual that did not work for me.

Last edited:

TravisMK4

To reset the oil change interval and reminder message, turn car fully off, press and hold the “0.0” button on the gauge cluster below the MFD, turn the car on (but don't crank) and release it. The MFD quickly displays questions of “change inspection interval.” When it asks “reset oil interval” press the “0.0” button. A message confirming the reset pops up. The reminder won’t appear until you’re close to the next service.

The same steps can be followed to reset the inspection interval.

Press the “Car” button on the Infotainment system, the press setup in the lower right. Scroll down and tap on service and you can see the effect of the reset – or the same just to check the current distance/time to service.

Disclaimer: Mine is a USA spec TSI made in Mexico. Since there have been other procedures described elsewhere, I do not know if other countries may be different. This is different from the description in my owners manual that did not work for me.
So i do this, I hit the button, it says its reset, then it says oil change now again. I turn it off, then turn it back on, but it keeps saying it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tune4jack

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just want to say this worked for my 2016 GTI! I had purchased the car in April this year and only 6 months later, it was telling me I needed an oil change in 30 days.

To clarify the steps:

1) Have the car completely off (take out key, open door, close door)
2) Put key in ignition
3) Press and hold 0.0 button on dashboard
4) Turn the key to the On position (but don't crank the engine) and release the 0.0 button
5) A message asking if you want to reset the oil service interval will appear
6) Press the 0.0 button to confirm
7) You will see a cofirmation message saying the oil service interval was reset to 365 days

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
You might lose it. But only if you're clumsy .. ;)

F12

Ready to race!
Funny how this thread was the first one to pop up in this forum - My MFD keeps telling me "inspection now!".

I've used the 0.0 button method but it doesn't reset.
Is it only the service reminder that is reset using this method?

BucsiB

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I know it is an old thread, but I having some issues.

I bought my MY13 a year before from second hand with over driven oil change.
When I arrived at home, I was changed the oil, oil and air filter with fuel filter to make sure the car will start a new life with me.

I reset the service and inspection notification manually with the 0.0 method.
I know if I reset the inspection and oil period manually than the 30K km oil interval is reduced to 15K but I am usually drive on highway and I'm using long-life oil and I would like to change at arround 25K so.
(I have a note in the car where I used to write down every service, part change... etc to make sure I did all the services in time)

Now I am over the 15K so the reminder came up. I reset it because I know I have some km's.

After manually reset the MIB is showing the correct values at service page.
Now if I turn the key, the service now message is not showing up on the cluster, but I still have the classic ding-ding sound.

I did the interval reset via OBDeleven too, but it is the same story.
No message, but some ding sound.

Did you have the same issue ever?
Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance.

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
Sorry to bring this thread up again.

Can someone tell me how to reset the oil change now warning with OBDEleven ?

I have reset the service delay, but no matter what I have tried, the oil change still says Oil change due 0 days.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Chris