GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

resetting DSG fuzzy logic

fadynaime

hi all, well i did my research and on VWVortex they said you can't reset ur DSG logic manually, u can only do it with VAG-COM or at the dealer service. is this true?? can it be done manually like back in MKIV or somehow????

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
Our cars adapt to our driving so if we drive like grandmas the car will run like shit compared to a person who stomps on the gas every day....

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
i saw some info on the 'tex regarding this. try doing a search over there.

italia1

Forza Azzurri
Can it be retrained, what if you started out babying it for the frist couple of months and then drive it hard for the next couple, will it adapt and retrain itself to drive harder and better?

fadynaime

jsut in case someone is still not clear, there is a logic system in ur car in the dsg that adjusts with ur driving. in my case, i drove the car for a week and then it sat at the body shop for 2 months and now i feel it a bit weak, and on top of that in SoCal there isn't enough open ground for me to push the gas as if i was racing and besides my car is still under a 1000 miles. so there has to be a manual way to reset the logic (BMW can reset manually, so should we, somehow).

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
FUCKING UNPLUG THE BATTERY THEN PLUG IT BACK IN. IT RESETS THE ECU. AND ALLOWS THE ECU TO RELEARN THE FUZZY LOGIC AFTER IT BEING RESET.

FUCKING SHITBALLS MAN.

alf

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
how fucking sure of this are you? haver you tried it? whats with the language?

1 - its common logic to every car. i did it on my nissan, the ecu reset along with everything else, start fresh again drive it the way im going to drive it and the ECU relearned itself to mate with my turbo setup then. ran almost damn perfect AFR's.

2 - when i disconnected my battery my ECU reset - i had to put in the time all over again and reset my revo settings when it was disconnected. ecu is in conjunction with the DSG tranny, so BAM you would think it would help.

3 - the language got your attention didnt it? now youre using the language? implying my to ask you... "whats with the language?"

alf

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
LOL even tho alfs language is a bit lets say out of hand, he is right... Unplug the battery.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
FUCKING UNPLUG THE BATTERY THEN PLUG IT BACK IN. IT RESETS THE ECU. AND ALLOWS THE ECU TO RELEARN THE FUZZY LOGIC AFTER IT BEING RESET.

FUCKING SHITBALLS MAN.

alf

just listen to alf, and dont second question him.. or he will email you pictures of his shit.. seriously.. he will....