GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replica headlight beam

Anothergenius

Hey guys,

I have 2 questions about my headlights.

I bought R style replica headlights for my Golf MK 7.5 i have them for 1 year now.
I took them out because I mounted demon eyes and put them back in my car after 1 week.

The strange thing is that I can't get my adjustment right anymore, I have a dark spot on the bottom of my light beam and it is also not 100% horizontal, on the left light beam is also a little glare.

Previously I had adjusted everything correctly, I did nothing with the projectors, just put the demon eyes in it.

Light output is great, i see everything and i don’t blind other people with my lights.
But it’s really annoying and my OCD is kicking in!

Any help how i can fix this?

koplamp.jpgkoplamp1.jpg

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
As for the level, there's a big hex at the corner next to the grill. Maybe loosen the long torx screws all around and fiddle with that big hex to raise that inner corner a bit. Then tighten the long ones back down. Spots...maybe dirt inside?

Anothergenius

Thanks for your reply,

The adjusting screws are behind the headlight, and you must adjust this with a Philips head or an 8 mm socket wrench.
To do this, the bumper on the side must be released.

I'm going to try to readjust it tonight.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I don't mean the actual projector adjustment screw. The big hex i suggested is under the center grill. It will raise or lower the inner corner of the housing. You might even notice the two housings sitting at different heights from the bumper.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Not your fault. I wasn't entirely clear. Hopefully it helps and is easier than taking the whole thing out.