GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

replacing golf r headlight internals (ballasts, bulbs, etc).. anyone done it?

trashb0y

Ready to race!
How are you doing now? How is it going bro, could you fix the errors?
Nope. I suspect the problem is due to my AFS modules. The ones I ordered are part #3D0941329. I was looking through some threads, as well as the ECS Tuning description, and they all mention #3D0941329D as the correct part number. I ordered some new modules and will be installing them whenever they come. Should be almost a month though.

AlejoColombia

Car(s)
GTI MK7 Performance
Nope. I suspect the problem is due to my AFS modules. The ones I ordered are part #3D0941329. I was looking through some threads, as well as the ECS Tuning description, and they all mention #3D0941329D as the correct part number. I ordered some new modules and will be installing them whenever they come. Should be almost a month though.
Ok, I will stay tunned

trashb0y

Ready to race!
Update: I got some modules from ebay, and although the pictures showed Valeo modules, the ones that came are unmarked and I'm still having issues (can't even get ODB11 to acknowledge basic functions because of a (22) marginal conditions not met error.

Super frustrated and don't know what to try next. Might end up ordering some new modules, and seeing if the unmarked vs Valeo is what's causing the issue.

trashb0y

Ready to race!
Update again:
Headlights now blink with turn signals properly after switching the F and G DRL modules. I had them installed in the wrong slots (F in G and G in F). Swapping these made the turn signals work. Now I'm trying to clear an AFS issue, but keep running into "(22) Function cancelled, marginal conditions have not been met." whenever I try to run basic headlamp setting.

trashb0y

Ready to race!
Update, I ordered new AFS modules and made sure they were manufactured by Valeo, part number 3D0941329D. Upon installation, basic headlamp setting worked first try.

Lessons learned:
1. Dont buy anything from AliExpress.
2. If turn signals dont work, your F/G modules were installed in the wrong spot.
3. Car must be parked on level ground, suspension settled, ignition on, engine off when you perform basic headlamp settings.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Update, I ordered new AFS modules and made sure they were manufactured by Valeo, part number 3D0941329D. Upon installation, basic headlamp setting worked first try.

Lessons learned:
2. If turn signals dont work, your F/G modules were installed in the wrong spot.
3. Car must be parked on level ground, suspension settled, ignition on, engine off when you perform basic headlamp settings.
Firstly, well done and I applaud you for this detective work! Will I have trouble doing the exact same that you have done? My model is based in Australia (ROW).

trashb0y

Ready to race!
Firstly, well done and I applaud you for this detective work! Will I have trouble doing the exact same that you have done? My model is based in Australia (ROW).
I've heard the coding is different for ROW models, cannot confirm though. I would check the ROW headlight assembly and check the part numbers for all the modules on the underside of the car. You may not have to even buy the extra ballasts/AFS modules depending on what they are. If they don't match up, you will have to swap them.
Good luck!

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Thanks for the response! I’ve sourced a headlight for $200 AUD lol. Now I need to find the other side for a similar pricing! Hopefully I can code this in and get an exact result.

45292AE9-DA5C-414B-8335-4D10A32554CC.jpeg

9666F3AA-2D43-4752-BA1C-170A6B9565A8.jpeg

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Update: I installed an OEM MK7r headlight on the passenger side (RoW) MK7 Sportswagen. The lights all worked correctly with no flickering, possibly thanks to the already installed lighting package in my car. I have not tested the functionality of the leveling system, cornering light or adaptive lighting. Although, no errors were observed on my dash. I now I have to source the driver's side (right side) headlight. My car is a Right Hand Drive model here in Australia.

Scann0n11

Car(s)
Mk4 Gti, Mk7 Gti

Lessons learned:
Hey sorry to bother you, just received my set of Euro Golf R headlights, I got a 2017 Gti with LP. From what I’ve gathered I need 2 valeo afs modules and the 2 drl modules and then to code it? Just wanted to double check bc I’ve seen a bunch of different parts numbers and answers across forums

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Hey sorry to bother you, just received my set of Euro Golf R headlights, I got a 2017 Gti with LP. From what I’ve gathered I need 2 valeo afs modules and the 2 drl modules and then to code it? Just wanted to double check bc I’ve seen a bunch of different parts numbers and answers across forums
You are located in which country?

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
United States, I have a 2017 us spec autobahn
It may be some time unfortunately before O.P responds. Hopefully I can be of assistance. Upon several forums outside this website, I have seen no issues regarding NaR ‘R’ lights surgery into the GTI MK7. Your concern is finding the right part number for the additional DRL/AFS modules for compatibility? Why don’t you check eBay sales in your country to find the modules located in the R lights?

Scann0n11

Car(s)
Mk4 Gti, Mk7 Gti
It may be some time unfortunately before O.P responds. Hopefully I can be of assistance. Upon several forums outside this website, I have seen no issues regarding NaR ‘R’ lights surgery into the GTI MK7. Your concern is finding the right part number for the additional DRL/AFS modules for compatibility? Why don’t you check eBay sales in your country to find the modules located in the R lights?
That’s odd bc I’ve seen multiple issues with certain build date years and different revisions of the same parts for the exact swap I’m trying. It’s more so the coding bc I’m pretty sure I have the part numbers for the valeo modules and the DRL modules. But before buying $750 worth of headlight accessories I was trying to check with someone who did it not an eBay listing lol.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
That’s odd bc I’ve seen multiple issues with certain build date years and different revisions of the same parts for the exact swap I’m trying. It’s more so the coding bc I’m pretty sure I have the part numbers for the valeo modules and the DRL modules. But before buying $750 worth of headlight accessories I was trying to check with someone who did it not an eBay listing lol.
An eBay listing will simply show correlating part numbers to the headlight you have.
I have a Euro MK7R passenger headlight with all the components and it worked for me except I need source the driver’s side headlight now. I got it all for $200 AUD! If you’re struggling with getting any part number, I recommend finding the connecting parts through either of these links:

https://parts.vw.com/
https://7zap.com/en/

The coding is simple as well.
1EE4B420-2283-4DB5-9C92-CC3D717A9577.jpeg