GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacement Shift Boot Trim *Nevermind*

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
So I pulled my shift boot up today to "rehome" my shifter and managed to break the two clips that hold the silver trim piece in. I was able to pull it off the boot base to bring it inside but having no luck finding it using the numbers on the trim. All I can find is the whole shifter assembly. Any of you guys know if this trim is even available separately and if so where I might be able to find it.

Nevermind, I found it. Just had to alter my search terms and stop trying to use part numbers to search it

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
If you want to go OEM this is a $200 mistake. I got my replacement from a part-out.

Supposedly there is a Chinese replacement for cheap, but I wasn't able to find it. Maybe someone else can chime in.

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
If you want to go OEM this is a $200 mistake. I got my replacement from a part-out.

Supposedly there is a Chinese replacement for cheap, but I wasn't able to find it. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Yeah, I was not about to buy the whole assembly for close to 200 bucks. I found just the trim piece under some different terms lol

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I broke mine too and I don't even care. It still fits in there just fine. It doesn't rattle. Now the next time I need to pull the boot up it'll take 0 effort. I figure if I replaced it I'll just end up breaking it again anyway.

If I really wanted to replace it I'd get one from sport shifters.

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
I wasn't aware they offered it, link?
Yeah, What I found ended up not being right after some further digging. Think I'm just gonna slap the old one back in and if it moves too much or rattles, use some tape like Daks mentioned. and wait patiently for a part out. Its not like I don't "rehome" this thing at least twice a year anyway. This is just easier access.