GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacement OEM leather seat skins

josephvman

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Is it possible to order replacement leather seat skins for a 2017 GTI with leather? My driver's seat bolster has developed a small hole, which is strange because the bolster isn't really worn much otherwise and the car only has 23k on it. I think I must have scratched the leather with something. I've been trying to find an interior parts diagram that would give me the part number for the driver's upper leather seat skin but no luck. Any suggestions?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is it possible to order replacement leather seat skins for a 2017 GTI with leather? My driver's seat bolster has developed a small hole, which is strange because the bolster isn't really worn much otherwise and the car only has 23k on it. I think I must have scratched the leather with something. I've been trying to find an interior parts diagram that would give me the part number for the driver's upper leather seat skin but no luck. Any suggestions?

Any good upholstery shop can fix that and you'd never know it was there.

My wife had same issue on the bolster with her GLC300 before we sold it. The shop matched the color and texture perfectly.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Katzkins!!!!!!!!

Good time to upgrade and replace the entire interior.
On their site they do not list the GTI only Gulf but prior on site they had picks of GTI's so might be good to ask.
Good seat replacements and you can custom design.

I know you can get OE replacements as my driver side was replaced under warranty.
Ask VW part to help look up and they should find part to order.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
The car has 23k on it and the rest of the interior is like brand new, so why would I replace it?
You wouldn't and neither would 99.9% of sane people. An auto upholstery shop will fix you right up for not much money. I will say that if you ever do want to replace cloth or old leather in a car, I do highly recommend Katzkin leather. I replaced cloth seats in a truck I used to own with it and was really pleased. The leather is just nicer to the touch than most factory leather and you can do multi colors and add ons.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
here are the part numbers for the skin drivers 5GM881405BABKV pass 5GM881406ABBKV. you will need some hog rings too, its not very hard just time consuming to replace them.