GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rented a 13 GTR for the weekend

Venumous

Ready to race!
Car was stock and had 34k miles and was in excellent condition. 13 has 545HP and weighs 3800lbs with sub 3.0 0-60 and can do high 10s @ 125mph from the factory. Had it down in the Houston area and was able to take it to the Cars And Coffee in Memorial and what a show that is. I tested LC several times and 1-3 is very impressive for sure. Top end is disappointing compared to my 5.0 but then again I've got 250HP on the GTR. The car is surprisingly comfortable to drive (I got 300 miles in) and a joy to drive and it definitely doesn't feel as big as it is because that is a big car. Transmission could take some notes from VW, that's for sure. Other than that, great car and definitely worth the rental, had a blast.

Venumous

Ready to race!
All in including airport pickup and drop off fee and premium insurance provided by Turo, the price was $750 for 11am Friday - 4pm Sunday. I've paid as much for 3 laps each on the track in a McClaren 570S and Hurracan in the same day.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
You can rent a GTR on Turo? That seems crazy that someone would let people rent a GTR, put 300 miles on it and launch it a bunch of times. But sounds like you had fun and it was a good deal for you, including insurance.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
All in including airport pickup and drop off fee and premium insurance provided by Turo, the price was $750 for 11am Friday - 4pm Sunday. I've paid as much for 3 laps each on the track in a McClaren 570S and Hurracan in the same day.

Was unlimited mileage part of your deal? If so, you could have put 1000 miles on it. Drank coffee and drove all night, cutting a swath thru all the local nightlife. Pretended you were a Japanese guy cruising Tokyo! Nevertheless, sounds like a fun weekend for you. Bet the LC was awesome!

Venumous

Ready to race!
Lmao, 100 miles per day allowance.

Venumous

Ready to race!
I think it was $500 deductible.