GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

Kris12V

Passed Driver's Ed
The food everywhere was pretty great, something that sticks out most salient is the shops, restaurants and everything are so open to the world, there is great transition between interior and exterior throughout mexico, very aesthetically pleasing. Lots of tacos, carne asada, al pastor, etc... i'm gonna focus more on salads and whole food plant based stuff later...
View attachment 244433
We might have finished all of these tacos in one sitting. Jk. but close. Sad part is the beer down there is just ok unless youre into mexican beer. No IPAs for me so i didn't drink
Oh and the average meal for two is around 500 pesos, which is like 20 bucks usd lol
View attachment 244434

Playa Del Marta is a city between Cancun and Tulum. Wasnt our favorite spot, pretty ghetto feeling but there are tons of shops and restaurants on the main strip. Still, felt pretty safe even walking around the graffiti covered buildings at night, but overall avoided.
The most annoying part everywhere you go is the fucking tourist shops. Everyone sells the same bullshit hats, shirts, shot glasses, magnets, and they all try so hard to flag you down to get you in as you walk by. So incredibly annoying and obviously desparate. Hey heres a hint sell something unique that people actually want! Fuck was it annoying!
View attachment 244435

Took a ferry over to the Cozumel Island, which was fun and my first time on a boat on the ocean. Wavy! And holy shit ive never seen a cruise ship in person, jumping christ are they huge!
View attachment 244436
View attachment 244438View attachment 244437
In cozumel there were neat little buggies all over the place! Super cool
View attachment 244439
visiting the coast.
View attachment 244440
Cool geological structure along the coast, i assume made of some heavier element like limestone but with softer deposits that have washed away over millions of years, which allows neat little pockets of life as the water flows in and out
View attachment 244441
Again these trees bro! Beautiful
View attachment 244442
Man, is Playa del Carmen ;)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
yes! taquisa is a thing! it's ~$500 depending how many people you have over for it. worth it!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I got an OEM downpipe off an S3 with ~40k miles on it for $250! just received it, so i got everything i need for the install...
def gonna want a catback in the future. which is good, cause i never liked any full turboback setup sound, and tbh dont like how most downpipes sounded on stock catbacks, but an aftermarket catback only sounds great usually!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
another perk of being back home is getting my dog Chooch back! She loves car rides and sitting on the armrest with me.
1648745032226.png

hope this is not a sign of problems to come and just due to the ~40*/sleety weather here but both my headlights fogged up
1648745096253.png

1648745112721.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Lame. I wanted an excuse to tear them apart and black out the chrome lol.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
installs turbo 4 months later

*its broken*

support: Sir why did you wait 4 months to report this issue?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh, it will likely be in the next couple weeks; kind of depends if i can scrape the $ to have Dr. Jay do it or if i want to attempt it myself and peril the contrivances i will likely encounter

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
oh, it will likely be in the next couple weeks; kind of depends if i can scrape the $ to have Dr. Jay do it or if i want to attempt it myself and peril the contrivances i will likely encounter
You ripped that Jetta apart, you can do it yourself.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
a wise man probably once said; "it takes a year to build a tower and only minutes to destroy it."

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I know to this day Eazy E's whole verse for 'for tha love of money' lol. Similarly:

"Police on my drawers, I had to pause and yeah...
and still motha-fuk'em
Now, my game is tight, tight as fuck, is my game,
eazy motha-fuckin-e or erich wright its all the same,
now, n****'s might trip, on how i stacks my grip
i gotz to have it bitchhhhh...
for the tha love of this shit
motha FUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAzzzzzzzzzz"