GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Wrapped up the shifter bushings and the shift lingage 'tighten up' mod. And wrapping most of the intercooler cold side piping fwiw. Its not pretty but believe me there is no way in hell to wrap an obscurely shaped pipe pretty. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It’s a bit of work to do it right, using smaller strips help keeps the wrinkles to a min, made a huge diff on my MKV R.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Oh wow, that took some dedication!! Nice work.

Yeah i could have taken more time but by the same token you can barely even see the jntercooler cold side pipe anyway soooo i said fuckit! Haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Oh yes. I didnt realize how much up and down adjustability the BFI knobs have. Put her down and low as she would go! Feels GOOD. Its gotta be two inches lower than the tall stalk it comes with.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Double check your math on using E85 to get to an E30 blend.
4 gallons of E85 + 9.2 gallons of E10 (93 octane premium) will give you 32.7% E33.

I've been going with 3 gallons of E 85 with my fillups which gives me about E27.

This calculator is what I have been using: http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

Of course, it is dependent on the actual ethanol content of the fuel in the first place...

That didnt last long though, had to take it out tonight in the rain lol. Buut figured i would put the first 4 gallons of e85 in her.

My calcs show...
Assuming 85% ethanol in the e85 (which im sure it isnt)
.85x4/13.2 (gallons at full tank) =25.7% e, also i guess factoring in up to 10% in regular 93 octane fuel.

Let her eat. :D

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Double check your math on using E85 to get to an E30 blend.
4 gallons of E85 + 9.2 gallons of E10 (93 octane premium) will give you 32.7% E33.

I've been going with 3 gallons of E 85 with my fillups which gives me about E27.

This calculator is what I have been using: http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

Of course, it is dependent on the actual ethanol content of the fuel in the first place...

Ah maybe j messed up somewhere thanks for the heads up. I should deifnately test the e content in the local gas but im assuming its gonna NOT be full e85 content. So far ive put 4 gallons in per fillup.

The biggest difference i will attest to is a MUCH smoother idle. Like the car went from having the typical lumpy vw idle to a super mooth, cant feel it idle.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
I don't really notice any differences in idle, but I do notice that it pulls a bit harder in the upper RPM range, especially when it's warmer out. Gas mileage takes a small hit, but the tradeoff feels worth it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I mean, it could be anything, but prior to e85, like on the way to my first fillup, i could definately feel a lumpy idle. Shortly after my first fillup, all better.

On another note - did the shifter alignment procedure yesterday. Easy to do, totally worth it! Prior, (Even on all stock shift components) it was often hard to get into 1st gear and i wasn't always 100% sure i was fully engaged in some gears. This solved it, feels brand new.

Last things i wanna do for now are a clutch stop and remove the clutch delay valve. Then that'll be it until i can afford engine/trans mounts.

62520 miles

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
I mean, it could be anything, but prior to e85, like on the way to my first fillup, i could definately feel a lumpy idle. Shortly after my first fillup, all better.

On another note - did the shifter alignment procedure yesterday. Easy to do, totally worth it! Prior, (Even on all stock shift components) it was often hard to get into 1st gear and i wasn't always 100% sure i was fully engaged in some gears. This solved it, feels brand new.

Last things i wanna do for now are a clutch stop and remove the clutch delay valve. Then that'll be it until i can afford engine/trans mounts.

62520 miles

Definitely (if you haven't yet) look into the DieselGeek shift kit, I have it and it gives the shifter tight and notchy goodness!!!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ Not a bad price for everything you get with that kit! I went the cheaper route with the audi shifter fork/plate/whatever its called, and basically stuffing things into the bushings of the shift linkages to keep them from having any play. Collectively it all made a nice difference but yeah, still probably not as good as a full kit like that might make.

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
^ Not a bad price for everything you get with that kit! I went the cheaper route with the audi shifter fork/plate/whatever its called, and basically stuffing things into the bushings of the shift linkages to keep them from having any play. Collectively it all made a nice difference but yeah, still probably not as good as a full kit like that might make.

Still a great way you did too, we will have to meet up sometime and you can give mine a good beating to see if it's worth it

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Had to try this. I HATE the style of the headrests in the 7, LOVE the 6. Had to try swapping. Sadly i think it looks quite out of place in both cars but what are your opinions?

Almost wanna just swap seats from the 6 into here and restritch to red lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Since i still have my 6 i decided to clean both cars up and take some shots yesterday :)
Maybe this means i have ~650 whp gtis... combined?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Oh man, I love those on that car haha. Thanks. They looked too fat being 3 spoke so i had covered the inner 'spokes' with electric tape lol. #onpoint