GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
In general my wife just wants a new car with better bells and whistles that doesnt chug 93 octane, something easier to drive. Im still leaning toward an 17+ a3 quattro or a q5
Is she leaning toward a 17+ a3 or q5?

Or is she going to get another car and can keep those pesky opinions of hers to herself?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
only time will tell!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
It's only fair then that the house returns the favor and helps you get a car. Sell it and buy a nice blue MK6R!
mmm blue mk6r.... *drool*

one day, boys, one day..

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Vr6 mk6 now thats cool

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Such a goofy interior lol
Like drivin around a damn grandfather clock.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
There was a guy at Radwood with an absolutely prefect Corrado SLC silver, with black interior and 3.6 VR6 and a LSD. Nice BBS's too.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Long time yawn, minor updates only.

Neither the B5 nor the B8 have sold yet. No one wants to buy either for a lick over 10k and it just ain't worth selling them for that. So the prospect of me getting a blue MK6R is looking slim currently. All said, boy the B5 sure is fun. If i can address a couple of the remaining issues (rear calipers are siezed, small oil leak near the passenger downpipe, tune it to make 450whp, android auto headunit badly needed, summer tires/wheels) it may be a keeper.

Installed a JHM Weighted Knob in the B5 which seriously made a decent difference in shifting (its pretty heavy with the short shifters/upgraded synchro's). Other than that, no new B5 news except I re-died the black alacantara upper driver seat fabric and painted the Y-Pipe under the hood, did the front brakes recently.

The B8; I did a DSG flush with both the internal and external filters yesterday. It was a whole ordeal but long story short, its done but didn't make much of a difference. Shifts a little smoother (maybe) but still lurches pretty bad from a stop. Gonna see if my M8 can do an adaption/relearn on it to hope that helps, otherwise maybe it needs a mount/s, clutchpacks, or a mechatronic unit.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh yeah and did rs4 grills on the b8, looks awesome
1684864369764.png

heres the new knob, upper seat, brakes and ypipe on the b5
1684864405815.png

didn't turn out fantastic, but sure beats light brown
1684864433821.png

1684864449142.png

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Long time yawn, minor updates only.

Neither the B5 nor the B8 have sold yet. No one wants to buy either for a lick over 10k and it just ain't worth selling them for that. So the prospect of me getting a blue MK6R is looking slim currently. All said, boy the B5 sure is fun. If i can address a couple of the remaining issues (rear calipers are siezed, small oil leak near the passenger downpipe, tune it to make 450whp, android auto headunit badly needed, summer tires/wheels) it may be a keeper.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1685713848526.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
eww 5 speed non gli