GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
agree overall. may meet up with a guy over this weekend just to check a mk4 out, but yes, probably will be dissapointed.

however all the trade offers i've been getting got me thinking - and i started reaching out to most of the blue mk6's in my area to see if they are interested in a b5 s4! that'll go about as far as I can throw a short shifter

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
agree overall. may meet up with a guy over this weekend just to check a mk4 out, but yes, probably will be dissapointed.

however all the trade offers i've been getting got me thinking - and i started reaching out to most of the blue mk6's in my area to see if they are interested in a b5 s4! that'll go about as far as I can throw a short shifter

Did you start your messages off with "Hello and good day! I hope you are well! I am the Crown Prince of Zanzibar, and find myself in a peculiar predicament! If you'd allow me one moment to explain..."

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Did you start your messages off with "Hello and good day! I hope you are well! I am the Crown Prince of Zanzibar, and find myself in a peculiar predicament! If you'd allow me one moment to explain..."
“I know what I have”

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
mk4 to mk5 was a big leap in technology and safety. I don't think I could go backwards.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Might have an R on the line, just gotta reel it in REALLY carefully...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Oh my god that would be fun

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I found another Riceburner Special for you 🤣

Screenshot_20230309-064009_Facebook.jpg

"It's got a CEL I swear it's just for the exhaust bro but conveniently you can't scan the car trust me bro"

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah, no. Lol.

The R i'm talking to has a built engine red R with only 100k miles! Mostly IE parts, which I know can be dicey.

Says:
It has a timing issue he will be resolving prior to sale. Neither of us know whats up with it quite yet.
It wont be paid off/wont have title till June - just found that out.

So IDK. But, it does sound like he's good with a straight trade which would be mindblowing to me. However between now and June I'm sure he will back out realizing his car is worth a lot more $$.

What if I offered to take the car at risk and give him the remainder (guessing no more than $1000) to pay off his loan? Too risky?

All aside, i should really just sell my car, go carless for a while (i have a work truck and wifes car when needed) or get a ~5k GTI/GLI. Lol. But if the R happens that is a more valuable liquid asset

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Yeah, no. Lol.

The R i'm talking to has a built engine red R with only 100k miles! Mostly IE parts, which I know can be dicey.

Says:
It has a timing issue he will be resolving prior to sale. Neither of us know whats up with it quite yet.
It wont be paid off/wont have title till June - just found that out.

So IDK. But, it does sound like he's good with a straight trade which would be mindblowing to me. However between now and June I'm sure he will back out realizing his car is worth a lot more $$.

What if I offered to take the car at risk and give him the remainder (guessing no more than $1000) to pay off his loan? Too risky?

All aside, i should really just sell my car, go carless for a while (i have a work truck and wifes car when needed) or get a ~5k GTI/GLI. Lol. But if the R happens that is a more valuable liquid asset
Who's his loan through? Could pay it off at the bank, specifically for the sale?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
beats me. just thinking of ways to make it happen! could ask.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
beats me. just thinking of ways to make it happen! could ask.
If he requests it - they might be able to have the title on site, so he (and the bank rep) can both sign it for the sale.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Did a very riceburner thing today.

Wanted the b5 to have a little more of that signature growl (kind of like a 350z) so i drilled some holes in the resonator and yanked out all of the fiberglass stuffing. Then, cut a license plate up to cover the holes, and taped it all together with some of that metal ductwork tape.

Did it work? Kind of. Got a little louder, growlier. Not bad, i thought! By the time i got home the tape must have blown and it got really droney.

But - proof of concept! Guess i will have to go pay to have the res professionally cut out and some 3" pipe welded in.