GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
oh my god does it sound good! maybe i should record something for you all soon. Needs moar intake noise. Also could use moar 350z v6 noise. Its pretty smooth sounding, not growly like most are. Some pops and bangs when downshifting which is pretty tighttt.

I am loving this car. 3rd gear takes you all the way to like 100 mph lol. Looong gears!

3rd gear in my GTI took me all the way to 100mph, or close enough. Was certainly a magical thing. Daks' probably does the same.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
3rd gear in my GTI took me all the way to 100mph, or close enough. Was certainly a magical thing. Daks' probably does the same.
Yup. And then, wham, misfire. I gotta show the car some love. All I did over the last few months was put on winter tires. Still haven't picked up the sensor i ordered from vw like months ago. And I can't race anymore either, I gave it the beans in third the other day and there's just no confidence with the winter rubber on. It started to torque steer and shit, and I was like, nah, forget that. So, I've just been driving like a pussy - but enjoying that new sub i put in though. Starting a bathroom reno mid December so car will have no chance for love.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Yup. And then, wham, misfire. I gotta show the car some love. All I did over the last few months was put on winter tires. Still haven't picked up the sensor i ordered from vw like months ago. And I can't race anymore either, I gave it the beans in third the other day and there's just no confidence with the winter rubber on. It started to torque steer and shit, and I was like, nah, forget that. So, I've just been driving like a pussy - but enjoying that new sub i put in though. Starting a bathroom reno mid December so car will have no chance for love.
What mileage are you at now, if you don’t mind me asking?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Is it faster than the DTR?
Ha, probably not but its a totally different experience being manual, heavier, longer gearing, different power curve.

all in all, i daresay it feels like a more well built car especially considering the age. its less bouncy and shaky over bumps - largely attributable to the upgraded suspension bits vs the golf r's 75k mile oem suspension.

its just better somehow

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How'd the final result of the seat come out?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Ha, probably not but its a totally different experience being manual, heavier, longer gearing, different power curve.

all in all, i daresay it feels like a more well built car especially considering the age. its less bouncy and shaky over bumps - largely attributable to the upgraded suspension bits vs the golf r's 75k mile oem suspension.

its just better somehow
I get that. Car is old, but it's an audi, and they built them differently back then.

I'm curious about that 'just for men' thing you did to the seat as well.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh yeah, i thought it looked good, i had to reinstall the seat because wife was gone and had to do a thing. turns out it needed probably a few moar coats and doesn't look right yet, pretty dark brown. Also, it is a LITTLE crispy, not sure if it will soften up with time.

Nothing a pair of corbeau rrx seats cant fix down the line

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
You're so polite. 80k miles.
time to sell and get something with double the miles and something 1.5x the miles, if you ask me

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
time to sell and get something with double the miles and something 1.5x the miles, if you ask me
Nah. I like this car. It treats me well. The only thing I'd consider at this point in time is a 6mt supra, but I can't justify spending that much money on a car. My 40th is coming up next month and I was like, treat yourself Dave. Went to a Toyota dealership and promptly walked out when I priced that thing.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
40 next month. But a rough 40 - stored outside, not garage kept, very infrequent oil changes etc...
Glad its still running though