uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Put an expiry sticker on the car. "Welp, honey the cars gone bad gotta go get a new one"

I'll just leave that image up on my computer and let her see it at some point...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Loved my MK6 R. Thing drives very nice, and the K04 is a good daily turbo on it. I just went APR Stage 1 with map switching and nothing too crazy with it and would still have it if someone hadn't pulled out and hit me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1663944352469.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
meh, not really a b6 fan. and wow thats a lot of money haha! but thanks for sharing

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
after lots of thinking about it, looking and mulling over different cars, etc, i think i'm just gonna stick it out for now with what we got. reassess maybe in the spring about manual swapping or do a different or extra car then. just have too many irons on the fire in the house now to be wasting $ on more cars (that will all need lots of work) compared to my perfect mk7 right now

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Those youtube/FB car give-aways are almost all scams aren't they?
I dunno, but that's The Smoking Tire. They're legit. Giveaways aren't really their thing either, it's not what they usually do.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'm sure they/most of them are legit. but theres no visibility on just how many people play these things.

makes me wonder if i could get to a position of doing a giveaway on my car, how many tickets could i sell?? haha
*gives car away for 6 $5 tshirts*

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
i'm sure they/most of them are legit. but theres no visibility on just how many people play these things.

makes me wonder if i could get to a position of doing a giveaway on my car, how many tickets could i sell?? haha
*gives car away for 6 $5 tshirts*
I remember there was a point in time where everyone in the scene thought the way to sell a call was by raffle tickets. It never worked because nobody is going to send some random money and trust that the contest is on the up and up.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
There's still car raffles all the time. Usually it's to donate to a charity. Omaze.com has a bunch of them that I've seen youtubers use before

Whether it's a scam or not depends on how you feel about gambling, it's basically buying lotto tickets

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Manual B5 S4's popping up all over the place out here.

Screenshot_20220924_105411.jpg

Screenshot_20220924_105428.jpg

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
There's still car raffles all the time. Usually it's to donate to a charity. Omaze.com has a bunch of them that I've seen youtubers use before

Whether it's a scam or not depends on how you feel about gambling, it's basically buying lotto tickets
I bought into a 991 gt3 rs raffle for $100 many months ago. Drawing time came and I got an email stating that they were extending the raffle to Dec because they didn’t sell enough tickets. WTF!?!?! Kissing that money goodbye. Fuckers.

https://raffle.warriorsforfreedom.org/product/porsche/