GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ha, thanks! I found that bracelet years back - i think when i got a short shift kit from TWM for my Cobalt SS!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
urotuning is throwing a BFI sale. Not significant but i said F it and had to get a red alacantara 'golf ball' knob :D

The stock shifter is cool but just sits too high and light so getting into 1st gear comes with resistance and nothing beats a shorter throw, heavier shifter.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Good to know! You go to any meets local?

Well, i coated my wheels yesterday with AMMOnyc wheel love, or whatever its called. Grwat stuff. The wheels clean up jice after how fast the damn brake dust accumulates...

That didnt last long though, had to take it out tonight in the rain lol. Buut figured i would put the first 4 gallons of e85 in her.

My calcs show...
Assuming 85% ethanol in the e85 (which im sure it isnt)
.85x4/13.2 (gallons at full tank) =25.7% e, also i guess factoring in up to 10% in regular 93 octane fuel.

Let her eat. :D

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Congrats on both fronts dude, car looks clean and them wheels, well, lets just say the previous owner had great taste. Remember your car washing technique read from couple yrs ago. See ya on the road!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Thanks dude! Washing teqniques have only evolved haha. Still a detail nerd but i still havent mastered polishing though!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Anyone on here just like to screw around and try random stuff sometimes?

I had a little left over tint film and wanted to try something on the headlights.

Covered the orange reflectors and just over the top of the chrome strip under the red strip down. Using an exacto knife wasnt a problem since theres a layer of lamin-x underneath. Its barely noticeable but its the little things that add up lol

Picture shows the left side done only, the. The right side which was in better lighting after.

Eventually im gonna do the side mirror clear pieces, the fog lights and the little clear parts for the turn signals on the rear euro lights. Bye bye chrome, as much as i can anyway lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Picked up a maxton splitter (v1 i think?) From a member on here today. Just mocking it up for now; looks like the bumper will have to come off to install it so ill do that when i install my osram 5500k bulbs sometime soon :) but oh man does this help the boring looking front end!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Continued the tint accents today.

Taillights complete, just the clear portions for the signals and the reverse area. Very hard to pick up any difference on camera but in person... mua!

Luckily where the clear plastic meets red plastic you can just run a razor blade along the edge to get clean lines and of course not damage or scratch the lenses.

Pictures show passenger side done only for comparison.

Side note i think ill delete the rear wiper when i finally do the wiring for the rear tail signals haha.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Well, went ahead and installed the osram 6000k d3s bulbs. Definately white/blues the bulbs up. Excited to see how they perform at night.

Holding off on the splitter for now. Not sure if i really like it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
No picture but I just installed the audi short shifter fork. Pretty damn easy install. I also had solid shifter bushings that I THOUGHT went at the shift knob area... but i was wrong it was under the battery as well. Another day! Lol!

Upon a quick test run all is well and the shifts are indeed shorter and more solid! For ~60 bucks or whatever it was, would recommend! :)

Also, ran the wiring for the rear taillights and did the coding, finally! Not necessarily an easy task; it takes quite a bit of fishing and fiddling around, and of course I snapped two of the clips that hold the boots between the cabin & the trunk so now I gotta find a way to hold those in place so I don't get water in the cabin! Other than that, everything powered right up and the sequential signals are indeed sliiick! :)

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
Good to know! You go to any meets local?

Well, i coated my wheels yesterday with AMMOnyc wheel love, or whatever its called. Grwat stuff. The wheels clean up jice after how fast the damn brake dust accumulates...

That didnt last long though, had to take it out tonight in the rain lol. Buut figured i would put the first 4 gallons of e85 in her.

My calcs show...
Assuming 85% ethanol in the e85 (which im sure it isnt)
.85x4/13.2 (gallons at full tank) =25.7% e, also i guess factoring in up to 10% in regular 93 octane fuel.

Let her eat. :D

To be honest, I haven’t.. didn’t even know there was any local ones for GTIs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Got home from work to see the tinted taillights looking much more noticeable now! Digging it.

Now to wrap up with the shifter mods:
Inserting hard plastic pieces into the voids where the shifter cables terminate on the shift fork
Shifter bracket bushings
And hopefully the BFI knob will be delivered by the time im done

Also remembered i have some gold DEI wrap leftover from some past prinects that i may as well wrap my cold side intercooler piping with :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
To be honest, I haven’t.. didn’t even know there was any local ones for GTIs
Once in a while, usually on thursdays, there is a meet for some locals. If we meet sometime ill try to send you a PM.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wrapped up the shifter bushings and the shift lingage 'tighten up' mod. And wrapping most of the intercooler cold side piping fwiw. Its not pretty but believe me there is no way in hell to wrap an obscurely shaped pipe pretty. Lol